looking for info

mrbrown95

Hello I am going to lake lowell near Temagami to do some ice fishing has anyone been there before also if so how deep is the lake and how far from shore does one have to go.

Where are you staying at lowell lake? I have fished it in the summer but never ice fished there.

We fished in 80 feet and did ok. I would think you would fish alot shallower than that through the ice!! Hard to say how far from shore since it varies quite abit around the lake. Some spots can be as deep as 130 feet. Hope this helps.

The price is right at Lowell lake lodge. Can't be beet other than we have to Set ourselves up as they do not provide minnows and do not like to travel on the lake.

Oh ok. Your staying at the Krygsmans. I would try fishing along the far shore( north shore if my directions are correct) between the blue and brown cottages. Half way between them is a rock pile. Say fifty to 75 yards from shore approximately. Good place to start. Like i said i have never ice fished there but i think that would be a good spot to try. When is your trip booked. Let me know how you make out.

Never fished it but have met the owner of the Lodge (Everett) your staying at a couple times in town.
He installed the furnace at my buddies place.
There is a good speck lake close to there that's open year around. Can drive to it before the snow falls. A snowmobile or ATV may be required in the winter depending on snow cover.
Are you going during the short laker season?

Lake is 170' deep. Has lakers, bass and pike. ( I did catch a small perch once) Lost one of my biggest fish on that lake. Not a big lake and gets little to no fishing pressure. The deepest part is 170' deep. You don't have to go far to find fish. Email Hendrika the owner. She has a pretty accurate lake map.

I'm also curious to hear how you make out. Good luck.

Yeah pike will be the only legal fish to target unless there during the short laker season.
Although I find it hard to believe that theres no whitefish & ling common in the area lakes with any depth.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks