live target lures

skinny

if you were going to buy 3 live target lures and plan on going for pike bass and walleye which would you buy. Although I'm rolling in cash I have had a fellow buddy I take fishing offer to buy some in trade for trips out this summer so I'm thinking why not take him up on it

Ive used the original smelt with success for walleye on the French R. I bought a swimbait (blueback herring) that I plan to flog the weedbeds on the French for pike and hopefully muskie. They sure have a lot of detail and nice action.

WR

I agree.....Blue back herring is awesome...I like the perch as well......The Sebile Onduspoons are wicked for pike as well

The new live target frogs are insane!! I grabbed one at BPS on the weekend cant wait to try it out< there other swim bait lures look super realisitic too!8D

The beauty to Live Target baits is the ability to 'match the hatch'. Whenever you are out fishing always note what fish are feeding on. For Long Point Bay it will be hard to beat the Perch pattern for many applications.

yp_specs_middle.jpg

The model YP73 or YP98 in metallic is tough to beat. I cut my teeth on Long Point trolling/casting Rapala Shad Raps. These Live Target perch track the same but cast a mile longer!

As for baits two and three it is a toss up.

The Smelt baits are awesome as jerk baits (bass/pike) but never overlook the small Smelt baits for panfish (crappie/bluegill) in the early spring.

smelt_specs_left.jpg

My third would have to be the new Hollow Body Frog.

fh_specs_left.jpg

If I had to give an honourable mention it would be a toss up between the Shad Crankbait or Shad Lipless Crank:

http://www.livetargetlures.com/products/gizzard_shad-crank.php

http://www.livetargetlures.com/products/gizzard_shad-trap.php

Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario)
Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures, Koppers Live Target Lures, Fishing World (Hamilton)
2007, 2011 Team Ontario, Ontario BASS Federation Nation

quote:
Originally posted by polywog

My buddy does the design/paintwork for live target. The frog they just did looks more like a frog than a frog!
Not sure if they're in the store yet.

Polywog, tell your buddy he does some AWESOME work! The paint jobs on all Live Target baits look great and durable as well.

Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures, Koppers Live Target Lures, Fishing World (Hamilton)

If i had to pick 3 my choice would be Crawfish crank medium dive colour mustard/brown , Yellow perch medium dive 4 3/4 , Frog (hollow body ) 2 1/4 colour green/yellow , but i like all the livetarget lures

quote:
Originally posted by Jay

The beauty to Live Target baits is the ability to 'match the hatch'. Whenever you are out fishing always note what fish are feeding on. For Long Point Bay it will be hard to beat the Perch pattern for many applications.

yp_specs_middle.jpg

The model YP73 or YP98 in metallic is tough to beat. I cut my teeth on Long Point trolling/casting Rapala Shad Raps. These Live Target perch track the same but cast a mile longer!

As for baits two and three it is a toss up.

The Smelt baits are awesome as jerk baits (bass/pike) but never overlook the small Smelt baits for panfish (crappie/bluegill) in the early spring.

smelt_specs_left.jpg

My third would have to be the new Hollow Body Frog.

fh_specs_left.jpg

If I had to give an honourable mention it would be a toss up between the Shad Crankbait or Shad Lipless Crank:

http://www.livetargetlures.com/products/gizzard_shad-crank.php

http://www.livetargetlures.com/products/gizzard_shad-trap.php

Great post Jay I really have to try these lures they look amazing

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

Interesting info re target baits. Thanks. What price range are we into here for them. I'm willing to pay mind you. What price armed happyness along the shores. Huron.

I'm still a relative newbie to longpoint bay, even though I've lived here for almost three years now. My personal best pike on the bay was caught on a perch pattern, strolling it along with my electric trolling motor. Other than that I'm still learning the ins and outs of the bay when it comes to pike angling. One thing I can tell you is that the smelt has done GREAT for smallies, and the smallest smelt they offer is a fantastic jerk bait for Deer Creek crappie, bluegill and trout at the right times of the year.

As for the frog, STR8 my friend you should give it an honest shot. I can personally guarantee that once you get confidence in the bait it'll do just as good as your current frogs and you won't have to spend a fortune replenishing your bait supplies! (as in they don't fall to pieces on every strike) lol

Anyways that's my 2 cents so far... they're all solid baits - I've shot each lure in their line-up underwater and even managed to get a few smallie and largie strikes on camera! Not to mention Trout blow-ups on their topwater double prop herring! COME ON SPRING!

Cheers,
Ryan

Now the question is, combine the new Live Target Frog with Bioedge Frog Scent! Yikes! Those poor poor LPB Largemouth Bass! They may need a good dentist! 8D

Potion_Frog.JPG

quote:
Originally posted by Braggin Rights

I'm still a relative newbie to longpoint bay, even though I've lived here for almost three years now. My personal best pike on the bay was caught on a perch pattern, strolling it along with my electric trolling motor. Other than that I'm still learning the ins and outs of the bay when it comes to pike angling. One thing I can tell you is that the smelt has done GREAT for smallies, and the smallest smelt they offer is a fantastic jerk bait for Deer Creek crappie, bluegill and trout at the right times of the year.

As for the frog, STR8 my friend you should give it an honest shot. I can personally guarantee that once you get confidence in the bait it'll do just as good as your current frogs and you won't have to spend a fortune replenishing your bait supplies! (as in they don't fall to pieces on every strike) lol

Anyways that's my 2 cents so far... they're all solid baits - I've shot each lure in their line-up underwater and even managed to get a few smallie and largie strikes on camera! Not to mention Trout blow-ups on their topwater double prop herring! COME ON SPRING!

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan I totally intend to try these frogs I currently use spro frogs for a rubber bodied frog, but my soft plastic frogs are worth there expense! I will definately give you a demonstration if I can ever get your butt out in the boat this summer I really hate keeping them to myself but I have to have a few tricks up my sleeve for the tourney season LOL

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks