Off Topic Leadcore Newbie seeking Assistance

Hey Byron I have no issues with 4 colours out on a 9 colour reel. I even clip the leadcore in my inline boards with no problems so far. I start with 25 or 30 feet of flouro leader so I can retie a few times before I need a new leader.

The issue with that setup is that you have leadcore from your rod tip to the board which is heavy and tends to drag the boards sideways or the line dips into the water. It works if the line is short but if you run your board further from the boat the line will sag and catch the water which is all bad....

You're right not ideal, but if the fish are shallow it will work. I also run the rods pointing almost straight up so I get a bit more height and I only run 2 boards. 16 foot tiller not the best for running a bunch of lines. 2 boards 2 riggers.

You're right not ideal, but if the fish are shallow it will work. I also run the rods pointing almost straight up so I get a bit more height and I only run 2 boards. 16 foot tiller not the best for running a bunch of lines. 2 boards 2 riggers.

For sure, there's lot of ways to catch fish and many ways to rig things depending on the situation. Thankfully, they all seem to be working right now!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks