lake scugog ice fishing

aknelsen

i'm going to lake scugog on saturday to do some ice fishing i've never been ice fishing before they have walleye and perch what type of jig or spoons should i use, and do i need special line for the ice. thanks in advance

we fished scugog 2yrs ago in late oct. went 8hrs without a bite & no action on the graph. used minnows & pic rigs, tossed lures, & worm harnesses. nothin

let me know how you make out. hope your luck is better than ours.

cheers

arnie0226

thats just becouse of the excess of beer in the belly you don't have that problem when I take you out arnie!

there are great crappie, perch pike and large muskie in scugog. if fishing for the pike and musky I would use 20# braid and a large minnow 4 to 5" let it swim and wait for the bite. if you are going for the perch and crappie, then use a small 1/16 or 1/8 oz jig tipped with a micro tube. yellow, red /white, chartruce/ white. ect. with ior without a minnow tipper. I have used an 1/8 oz little cleo treble off and a long shank single before and jigged for them this has really worked in the norht bay and lake simcoe areas. hope this helps and enjoy the trip.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

Binkley, dont forget about the pickeral!!

Pickeral and slab crappie are the most targeted, and dink perch seem frequent.. small jigs tipped with minnows, or even pickeral rigs. I believe the water is normally stained.

halloween09.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by binkley

there are great crappie, perch pike and large muskie in scugog. if fishing for the pike and musky I would use 20# braid and a large minnow 4 to 5" let it swim and wait for the bite. if you are going for the perch and crappie, then use a small 1/16 or 1/8 oz jig tipped with a micro tube. yellow, red /white, chartruce/ white. ect. with ior without a minnow tipper. I have used an 1/8 oz little cleo treble off and a long shank single before and jigged for them this has really worked in the norht bay and lake simcoe areas. hope this helps and enjoy the trip.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

No pike in Scugog, plenty of musky, but, they are out of season right now.
Perch/crappie and walleye through the ice.
There will be plenty of guys/gals out there.

Good luck!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks