1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lab puppies

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Real Therapy, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Real Therapy

Real Therapy Active Member

My 8 year old lab is dying of cancer and wont be around much longer .We got him in Long Point from Larry Brown . Best animal I ever had . We dont want to be without a dog and are wondering if anyone knew of good breeders who had black labs for sale or due in the future. Looking for a bigger size 80 -90 lbs with intelligence and good disposition .Have seen some of the smaller ,shorter legged dogs but they are not as appealing. Cant imagine coming home and not being greeted by Sylvester . Thanks Real Therapy

2. blackdog

blackdog Well-Known Member Site Sponsor

..sorry to hear about your dog...I keep my ears open...I have been thinking of breeding my big male but have not been really looking for a girlfriend for him.......:)

3. black eagle

black eagle Active Member

Real Therapy
    I have a buddy that lives in Rigetown and he is going to have pups this spring. If I didn,t already have 3 labs I would get one from him.

Kevin

4. wetfootwilly

wetfootwilly Well-Known Member

We purchased our yellow lab 1 1/2 years ago - good disposition and a large size (american). The kennel has black as well as chocolate - located near Hanover.

[email protected]

5. Walleye Obsession

Walleye Obsession Well-Known Member

Real Therapy I will be breeding my black female this week she is a year and a half old and 75 pounds, breeding her with a black male that is about 90 pounds.

6. trky chsr

trky chsr Well-Known Member

We have a beautiful 4 month old chocolate that we got from Lisa Van Brenk. The male was 85lbs. She is located om Mall Road just outside of Tilsonburg. I know she had another litter as well as the one ours came from so she may a pup for you. Send me an email and I'll give you her number.

By the way I know exactly how you feel. We had to put dowen our 7 year old Springer last August for cancer as well. TC

7. Real Therapy

Thanks for the replies.We are going to visit the familyandfieldlabradors kennel in Hanover on the weekend .They have a yellow male and have a gravid female black lab. If its not what were looking for I will contact the people on this forum for additional info. BTW Sylvester was scheduled to be euthanized today,but a talk with him resulted in him eating playing again and just being himself .Will have to then do this on another day. I am astounded how he has just hung in there.Thanks again for your support Real Therapy...

8. Jetdog

Jetdog Active Member

Real Therapy. I know what you are going through. We have 14 year old black lab/collie mix, wonderful dog. She has cancer also. She has had couple tumors removed. Just started to have seizures, one every three weeks or so. If you did not know she had cancer you would say she is healthy dog. She still eating, running and playing like normal dog. We are wondering if we should be getting another dog now or just wait. Just might be easier when the day comes when Zena leaves us.

Jetdog

9. Real Therapy

Well ,took a drive to Hanover to see some yellow labs as per Wetfootwillies recommendation.We now have a 12 week old boy at home .Our black lab Sylvester hasnt figured out whats up or maybe he has. Hes eating playing and being like his old self plus a few dirty looks at the new pup as well as making sure he takes away all the toys we give to the new family member .My wife is planning to camp out in the mud room with the pup tonight. I thought it was just us guys who end up in the Bow wow chateau! We'll see how this works out! thanks for all the suggestions .Cheers to a great support group ....Real Therapy ..

10. wetfootwilly

wetfootwilly Well-Known Member

Congradulations! I think you'll be happy with your new family member. Our dog has show no aggressiviness and is a very large dog. Oh - I forgot to mention - when he was a puppy he loved to chew things - look out!

11. Real Therapy

yes we forgot that pups chew. Schooner is draging our carpets around the house! Hes settling in nicely to the routine at home .Sylvester my black lab is eating again and playing . I think in retrospect he was depressed! Nothing like a new pup to spice things up. Real Therapy