Kawartha Camping/Fishing

NetnLargies

Hey folks,

Looking to plan a 3 day camping and fishing adventure.

I am looking for information regarding good tent campgrounds and decent fishing.

I was thinking Chemong, Stoney, Rice, Scugog.

Keep in mind I would like to stay on smaller water with the tinney.

Thanks guys,
Tight lines.

I just fished at Chemong on Saturday. The Perch were active but the jumbos were just nibbling. I drove across the causeway then straight to the left is the boat ramp to drive on the ice. The ice BTW was a good 18 inches or so. There were a few huts out there with a fair amount of people. The huts are in a line so I figured that's where the fish must be, I set up in between the two of them. The water was about 6-7 feet deep with a weedy bottom. I had fish TV with me and it worked great, could see well up to 8 feet away so I was able to get the 3 of our minnows in view. Aside from the Perch I saw one massive musky go after a school of perch, we think it was a Tiger. I herd stories of musky snapping rods and lines in that lake. I am a rookie fishermen but I figure it be smart to just put the rod down and bring in the line by hand? I dunno, dont think they are after perch bait anyways rather the perch themselves.

Before going there I found some stuff on another form from last year. The one guy said fishing in shallow water there is not good and that he goes in the middle where its more then 12 feet apparently. I however, never left my location. Ill post pics of the lake bottom and lake. As for camping, I have no idea I crashed at a friends house.

hey chad iv'e been to rice lake a couple of times and the last time i went we camped out at alpine resort, close to were my best smallmouth hole is, i might be going this year since i did not get a chance to go last year, i hope this info helped.

i forgot to mention we rented a 14 foot aluminum with a 9.9 so you should be just fine with your boat

Balsam Lake Provincial Park. There's a ramp and docks at the park and a good mix of species to chase. Musky, walleye, small and large mouth, and panfish.

Balsam Lake Provincial Park. There's a ramp and docks at the park and a good mix of species to chase. Musky, walleye, small and large mouth, and panfish.

Hey man, Ive been to Golden Beach Reort on Rice Lake. It is amazing. we used a 14 foot 10 hp motor, handled just fine. Walleye Bass, and Panfish are easy to catch! This is a great place to stay with excellent fishing.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot I will google them all.
It looks like Rice or Balsam.

Hey Arthur I will get you out on the bay in June and try to get some more info on this smallie hole you talk about.

Chad

Hey there NetnLargies, if your looking for a cottage try www.ridgeviewcottages.ca on Rice lake out of Roseneath. I've stayed there many times and always had a good time! Tell em Sparky sent ya.

NetnLargies:

Chip (aka Bigrod) knows Balsam Lake very well and has the methods for eyes (and muskies to boot) dialed in remarkably.If you ask he might share some of that knowledge with you.:D

Regards
KJ

" Never mind if the horses are blind, just load the damn wagon"

I rented houseboats/cottages out of the Kawarthas for 18 years till i bought a place in Colchester.Go to Balsam,my friend has a place on Grand Island..Send me a e-mail if you want some help.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Thanks boys for all of your help and I will be sending Bigrod an email.

I cannot say enough about how good a board like this works. I am happy now because my one week that I get to go fish for 3-4 days I will likely catch fish and even better the wife will think I am good at it. =P

Chad

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks