Fishing Report Jan 19/18.

Jumbojim

Starting off slow that wind is brutal but a nice warm hut sure is comfortable out with R&R looks to be about 5 feet deep have a few keepers threw a bout 10 back lost about 10 buddies grand son is enjoying the day.
Report later how we make out
Tight lines
473EA45F-C27F-416D-9089-0A12E054CBBD.jpeg

Starting off slow that wind is brutal but a nice warm hut sure is comfortable out with R&R looks to be about 5 feet deep have a few keepers threw a bout 10 back lost about 10 buddies grand son is enjoying the day.
Report later how we make out
Tight lines
View attachment 7470
Same on the north side. From sounds of things on here the south side is being more productive this season. If i didnt have premium parking on this side id leave my hut over there. Towing over bay makes for a long day. Already moved twice this morning. I need a gas auger lol.

Caught 8 keepers and 3 mud puppys between 3 of us. Most of the keepers came in togther. Lots of little buggers all day.

Last edited:
Update ended the day with probably 50 perch caught not sure how many we missed,
1676150D-EB31-4688-886E-566BD4DA0F2D.jpeg
Also couple small bleeding kept 10 for supper
The biggest mud puppy we’ve ever caught 16” looked them up online we didn’t know there native in the bay not a invasive fish, actually like a giant salamander and should be released got to love smart phones my buddy 12 yr old grand son thought it was pretty cool.
FD9ED4CD-7844-4519-801E-A8EC96CE8435.jpeg
The pressure crack on the south side of the bay opened a little more ice shifted under us, should be interesting to see how the ice holds up with mild temps coming for the next few days.
Tight lines

Those mud puppys were hungry went they ate my jigging rap both times i put it in front of them today really cool creatures.

Update ended the day with probably 50 perch caught not sure how many we missed,
View attachment 7471
Also couple small bleeding kept 10 for supper
The biggest mud puppy we’ve ever caught 16” looked them up online we didn’t know there native in the bay not a invasive fish, actually like a giant salamander and should be released got to love smart phones my buddy 12 yr old grand son thought it was pretty cool.
View attachment 7472
The pressure crack on the south side of the bay opened a little more ice shifted under us, should be interesting to see how the ice holds up with mild temps coming for the next few days.
Tight lines
its not a few mild days.its warm rain that ruins the ice

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks