Is this a good deal or what???

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I winterized my boat and after putting away my fishing equipment in the basement I realized my fluorocarbon line for making leaders was almost gone so ordered a new 20 lb. 200 yd. spool from Amazon.ca for next season. It arrived yesterday and when I opened the package to my surprise there was a whole case of 6 of them. I checked my M/C and I was only charged $37.53 including tax for the 1 that I had actually ordered. I could have just kept them all :stop: but my conscience definitely would not allow me to do that. So doing the right thing I contacted Amazon this morning informing them someone messed up in the shipment and how do I return the 5 other spools which are not mine to keep. He said give me a minute I'll talk to my manager and when he came back he thanked me for contacting them but the mistake was solely Amazon's, not mine so in appreciation for contacting them the extra spools were mine to keep free of charge. I said are you serious? He said absolutely! WOW! 6 spools, 1,200 yds. ($225.18) for price of 200 ($37.53) will certainly make my day. :happy::happy::happy: :D:D

The moral of the story everyone... it always pays to be honest. (y)(y)(y)

IMG_1334.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1334.JPG
    IMG_1334.JPG
    311.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
ya wave runner Amazon sent ya a life time supply...lol...I use the same brand & test...like you for leaders..a spool lasts a long time

I will say thanks to you with posting Amazon pricing merchandise on here...i think it was fishfinders

I ordered a garmin gps back in the summer from amazon...competitive priced and happy with the purchase...

and a most recent quality rifle gun case 52 incher purchase (bulldog brand) where I could not find anywhere else..and the price & shipping was only $50
and I got it quick from a supplier in Ohio for my trip ...yes very impressed

@Wave Runner.. could you please share the toll free number to Amazon .ca
please and thankyou

oh ya I also priced 8 spark plugs for my F150 on amazon...best price yet

its my experience not all amazon pricing is best price...shop around to compare

Last edited:
Amazon.ca shipped me a 158 quart cooler(igloo) last month, $108.00 + HST(CDN)..free shipping! First calculation indicated a $40.00 shipping fee but when I scrolled down through the options there was a free shipping box to check. Had to wait 7 more days but I didnt need it pronto. Huge box. Great deal.

@maytagman... Anything that is sold and shipped by Amazon over $35 usually has free shipping. Most outside sellers usually want shipping fees extra.

@mick... definitely a lifetime supply, so much so I emailed Seaguar to find out if this line has a shelf life. :LOL:

I hope not as 1 spool does me about 3 years so that means 6 spools will last me 18 years.
That means I have line until I'm 86, however I definitely have a shelf life. :)

Last edited:
I winterized my boat and after putting away my fishing equipment in the basement I realized my fluorocarbon line for making leaders was almost gone so ordered a new 20 lb. 200 yd. spool from Amazon.ca for next season. It arrived yesterday and when I opened the package to my surprise there was a whole case of 6 of them. I checked my M/C and I was only charged $37.53 including tax for the 1 that I had actually ordered. I could have just kept them all :stop: but my conscience definitely would not allow me to do that. So doing the right thing I contacted Amazon this morning informing them someone messed up in the shipment and how do I return the 5 other spools which are not mine to keep. He said give me a minute I'll talk to my manager and when he came back he thanked me for contacting them but the mistake was solely Amazon's, not mine so in appreciation for contacting them the extra spools were mine to keep free of charge. I said are you serious? He said absolutely! WOW! 6 spools, 1,200 yds. ($225.18) for price of 200 (37.53) will certainly make my day. :happy::happy::happy: :D:D

The moral of the story everyone... it always pays to be honest. (y)(y)(y)

View attachment 6950
Your a good man. Honesty is the best way.

you'll have to loose alot of lures to go thew all that leader material in the next few years. I wouldn't be apposed to helping you use it up befor it goes bad ;)

D7F7A5F9-EF59-4EAE-B4FF-EAE937D2A78A.jpeg FAB7FEC2-2316-4C7E-84AF-8FD4B69FA249.jpeg Congratulations on receiving 5 extra spools of fishing line from Amazon,through their mistake,@Wave Runner.(y) Honesty and your Generousity goes a long ways,as I have found,especially Fishing Walleye’s with you this past Summer on Lake Erie.You are a great friend indeed.All that extra line you received should replace some of the line lost due to tangles by me:oops:,while I was trying to learn and drive your console on your boat this past Summer.:rolleyes: LOL Thanks again for already inviting me recently,to fish with you again in 2018.With all of that extra line,there will be more Tight Lines,and Walleye’s ON!! :)(y)

Bob,

you did the right thing and got rewarded.
Makes you feel good too.
Now you can always sell me at "special price" one of those spools ha ha ha ;-)
Just kidding

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Nice score.I admire your honesty and I admit that sometimes I am tempted by the low prices and free delivery on Amazon but then I remember the great sponsors and contributors we have on this web-site and the incredible face to face service, free advice, and great prices I get in their stores. I have never had a problem getting Josh at Anglers Outfitters to match or beat any price and he has given me hours of free advice on hotspots, boat set-up, and electronic tips that have helped my fishing immensely. The guys at Extreme Marine are incredible when I need a part for my boat, NEM helps me launch my boat and take it out at the end of the day and I always get more minnows then I pay for.
Next time you are out on Erie fishing try this experiment--call Amazon and ask them where to go and what lures to start with, at what depth and what trolling speeds. Then call any of our sponsors with the same questions. We need to support these guys to make sure they stick around in the face of a small business killer like Amazon.
P.S. I can guarantee you that the folks at Seaguar took the hit for Amazons mistake. They will spot inventory that SKU and short pay Seagaur

FYI @Balzdown... To be clear I agree with much of what you say. I do support site sponsors like NEM, local businesses like Angling Outfitters, Lambeth Rod & Tackle, Angling Sports, Hully Gully and many others in the past and still do whenever possible. In fact probably 80% of my fishing tackle came from one of those places or CTC. I live in the country and can't justify spending $30 in gas to go buy a spool of line at Angling Sports 50 miles away even if Josh matches the price which I know he would. For big purchases I will make the drive to Woodstock. Mostly it's a matter of convenience when I purchase from Amazon, no driving, no gas, no time lost, just the click of a button. But also at the same time I think we can spread the wealth around without killing anyone's business, anyway that's the way I see it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks