Hunting

Lonewolf

Getting ready to go to Hillsport On moose hunting on Thursday Sep 28

Getting ready to go to Hillsport On moose hunting on Thursday Sep 28

Are you referring to Hillsport Hillton NE of Manitouwadge in WMU 21B? Going Sept. 28 means your obviously bow hunting, correct?

That's great moose country in 21B! I shot my best bull in 21B a 50 incher I called in bow hunting on the ground shooting it with my compound at 30 yds. back in the late 1990's. The fishing is really good there as well and lots of tasty grouse around also. I miss those wonderful fall days freighter canoeing rivers and lakes in the back country of Northern Ontario and wish I still had the parts to do it. Here's a couple of scanned 35 mm photos from the back country of 21B hopefully you will enjoy. :)

Enjoy your hunt up there in God's country @Lonewolf. (y)

50 inch 147 P&Y
moose 001 (800x528).jpg

Moose hunting buddy when the fun part is over :smuggrin:
moose canoe 001 (800x538).jpg

Are you referring to Hillsport Hillton NE of Manitouwadge in WMU 21B? Going Sept. 28 means your obviously bow hunting, correct?

That's great moose country in 21B! I shot my best bull in 21B a 50 incher I called in bow hunting on the ground shooting it with my compound at 30 yds. back in the late 1990's. The fishing is really good there as well and lots of tasty grouse around also. I miss those wonderful fall days freighter canoeing rivers and lakes in the back country of Northern Ontario and wish I still had the parts to do it. Here's a couple of scanned 35 mm photos from the back country of 21B hopefully you will enjoy. :)

50 inch 147 P&Y
View attachment 6491

View attachment 6492
Yes I do, that's exactly where I am going but we only have a cow tag.
Thanks for the reply and info, I hope to come back with some meat, fish and birds.
Been moose hunting for 30 yrs and gosh I miss going to Thunder Bay since the ministry buggered up the draw

50 inch 147 P&Y
View attachment 6491

View attachment 6492
Just came back from Hillsport
Saw 7 bulls and could have shot 6 of them if we had have a bull tag and 2 cows but were too far away
You wee right , what a place. Going back next year again, lodge already booked

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks