How's the Ice Holding Up

apps

Hey All

Just wondering if someone could let me know how the ice is holding up out of St Williams . Was planning on going out tomorrow . Can you still get around on a 4 wheeler ? With rain coming friday I think the window is closing quickly for the hard water on the bay :(..............apps

Can we get minnows at great lakes ? Or is no one fishing ? ............apps

I also would love to know how things are holding up. I am hoping for either tomorrow or Friday. I know they are calling for rain but hoping to beat the odds

Well I guess I'll have to check things out for myself since everyone is tight liped or no one is fishing !

jeffk.....I'll report tonite on ice cond. and how the fishing is .

Thanks apps. Really appreciate it. Its a 1 1/2 hr drive for me so would like to know, do I bring the quad and trailer or not.

I havent been out since sunday and it was old cut. There was 8" of clear and 3 of white slush/snow. We have had one or 2 warm days with 1 or 2 cold days. But remember this report is out of old cut and 5 days old! Be safe out there folks!

AHHH The Fishin Life!

Hi all,
Yes we are now closed for the season. You can get minnows at lake erie bait & tackle. They are on the front road by Booths Harbor. As for the ice conditions I haven't been on the bay since Monday. I know the creek is running now so def watch the shoreline, I would be going out to the left of the ramp (where the huts on shore are) and left of the light house.

Shermans
Ice fishing and Charter Boats
(519) 586-2666
fish_shermans@hotmail.com

Hey All

We went out of St Williams ,got minnows at erie bait and tackle , went east of the light house before the pressure crack(about 3/4 mile ) and caught 2 and that was total of the day , moved out a past pressure crack (about 1 1/2 miles)and west , just got all the hole filled and my buddy's pole hit twice and it was down the hole , gave it about an 1 1/2 hours there and decided we would move but not before we would drill a few more holes around and see if we could see his pole . As luck would have it we found the pole but needed to drill another hole to get over it . I laid on the ice and took my Mr.Champ out and hooked me a pole , my buddy got so excited he ran over forget about the number of holes we had around and step in 1 up past his knee but we had his pole back. That was pretty much the day with his wet leg and no fish it was not hard to leave . Than as luck would have it on the way home a transport didn't stop at a stop sign and all most ran us over thank God my reaction was good or we would of been under a trailer !! Other than all that the ice is changing quickly , the spot we crossed at the pressure crack was not crossable on the way back , the ice is starting to move abit so be carful if going out , ice thickness was about 10"-14" but has lots of air in it and lots of white ice , ice sure was talking alot today , maybe the 3 flocks of swans we seen is a sign that it is warming up !! Be safe out there ................apps

Thanks apps and sorry to hear about the fishing. Great job on retrieving the pole though! lol. I have decided to unload the quad and hut and call it a year. Weather not looking so great for tomorrow or the next week and I have a hard time spending $70 in fuel for 2 fish. Although just being out there and enjoying the day is worth quite a bit.

I WAS OUT OFF PORT ROWEN TODAY DRILLED ABOUT 15 HOLES IN A 1 MILE SWEEP ALONG THE P CRACK TO P ROWEN ONLY 9 FISH BUT STILL GOOD ICE
PEOPLE WILL BE FISHING STILL NEXT WEEK I AM SURE

I'am sure you are right runt , and I'am pretty sure we will hear about some people stranded on ice but it's not worth it just to catch a couple of perch . With the creek flowing and a good wind , it will be done , Oh well bring on spring , need to work on the wood pile problem ,it's not getting split and piled by itself ;) .............apps

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks