How do you post photos on this site?

Dru

I have a good fish report to post with photos, but when I tried to attach the pics it wouldn't let me. What's the trick? Does this site not accept JPEG files?

Cheers,
Dru

Hi Dru; most of the guys are posting pictures using Photo Bucket http://photobucket.com/
and it works out much better, we don't fill up storage space on Stomps web server and Photo Bucket is free, good for all your fishing pictures and short video clips that lots of digital camera's now produce..check it out...DOTCOM

fish_0501.gif

Hey Stomp, you should make a sticky for this question. I seems like someone asks this question once a week. I know I asked this question the first time i posted pics.........just a thought!

Teach a kid how to fish

Once you post your picture at photobucket, you should see a list of options of how you can link to your photo from other web locations. One of the options is to create "image" tags. They look like this {IMG} {/IMG}, except they are enclosed in square brackets. Generate "image" tags in photobucket and then cut and paste those tags into your post on Channel 6-8 (or any forum supporting IMG tags) and your picture will appear, not a link to your picture.

Hope this helps.

quote:
Originally posted by hunter

thanks stick for the info i put my 11 lb pickerel on should be ok now

Nice pic Hunter

Stick

Prepare for every outing as if it were a military mission. Play every fish like you were dancing with the prettiest woman in the room!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ KERSPLASH!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

hello, i have been working on getting photos on the webpage, from photobucket, and it''s not working. Can you be a little more specific as to how to generate these IMG files??? thanks.quote:
Originally posted by stomp

Once you post your picture at photobucket, you should see a list of options of how you can link to your photo from other web locations. One of the options is to create "image" tags. They look like this {IMG} {/IMG}, except they are enclosed in square brackets. Generate "image" tags in photobucket and then cut and paste those tags into your post on Channel 6-8 (or any forum supporting IMG tags) and your picture will appear, not a link to your picture.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Hi Dotcom,

I have uploaded my picture to the photo bucket and even managed to tag it.
But I am having a hard time posting it on this forum.
Could you supply a step by step explanation?

Leep
quote:

Most lures are made to catch fishermen, not fish.

Leep,

From above:

Hope this helps.

quote:
Originally posted by leep

Hi Dotcom,

I have uploaded my picture to the photo bucket and even managed to tag it.
But I am having a hard time posting it on this forum.
Could you supply a step by step explanation?

Leep
quote:

Most lures are made to catch fishermen, not fish.

Hi Stomp,

It is the process of moving the pictures to this web site, cut and paste is not working for me.

Thanks for your help.

Leep

Leep,

You don't cut and paste the photos themselves. You cut and paste the img tags that create a link from your post on this site to your picture on photobucket. It's pretty simple once you get the first one done. You should be able to click on the IMG tags in photobucket and they'll automatically be copied to your clipboard. Then you can paste the tags into your 6-8 post and Bob's your uncle.

Stomp,

I have tried to cut and paste the Tags but all I get is a bunch of words and lettering on my new post, not a picture.

Leep

Leep,

When you are in an album on photobucket put your cursor over a photo. A toolbar will come up along the top of the photo. One of the titles is "Share" click on it and it will bring up another window. One of the tabs along the top says Get link code. If you click that one it will give you different tags. One says "IMG for bulletin boards and forums" Highlight the code in the box you want (full size or clickable thumbnail). When you are making a post on this site paste that code in the post. It will show up as letters and words but if you hit the "preview" button at the bottom it will show you a preview and the picture should appear.

Hope this helps
Schenley

th_bass2.jpg

Hi Schenley,

Success!!!

Thank you everybody ( Icefisherman, Stomp and Schenley) for helping me with this problem.
The picture is not much, but it is a start.

In the near future my picture taking and fishing skills should improve.

Thank you all for your help.

Leep

Caught June 26 - 7.5lbs - Worm harness - 54 FOW down 30 ft.

2625PiceralJune262011.jpg

Thanks to everyone that gave the info. how to post the picture by using the photobucket to this forum.I read and try out now it work perfect.
Thaks again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks