How do you know??

Hello all, I have posted in fishing reports a couple of time but this is my first time here in Water fowling. So id like to say thanks for any info anyone provides me with. THANKS!!

So I have not hunted in 10-12 years. I remember going to Lake Erie and shoreline hunting. It has just been so long. How do you know if someone owns the shoreline. I do not want to trespass on anyone's property. I remember my dads friend saying it was public shoreline where we hunted which I think was around Selkirk area. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Wrangler80

Thank you for the info Winsx3tom. I just don't want to be on someone's property and have the police show up. Do you know if that is stated somewhere so I could reference it if need be. I like to be safe then sorry

Thanks again

Wrangler80, my personal recommendation is to proceed with caution. Strictly legal interpretations have little value if your day is ruined by police following up on a complaint and arriving on the scene. Typically there is evidence of others hunting in areas where it is accepted.

So I went for a drive and found the spot we use to hunt in. The area is about400-500 meters no cottages on the other side of the road. the cottages on either side have no trespassing signs on the water side of the road. there is no sign in that 4-500 meter area? there is a small lane way which no has concrete blocks with a chain up. Also there is signs saying no dumping that say by-law of Nanticoke county. So im assuming this is county property and I can hunt down there? Would I be wrong in thinking that?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks