help needed

midnight cowboy

looking to replace my old lowrance fish finder gps, don't know if to go with lowrance hook 9 gps with navionics+card or hummingbird helix 9 sonar gps the easier to operate better not electronics expert on and off works for me thanks fellas bob

Try the boys at Angling outfitters in Woodstock. The boys are experts and it's hard to keep up for us less than tech savvy bunch.Should get a good deal this time of year.

thanks tc cant afford to drive there to see what they got, bought lots and I mean lots of stuff from them but getting them on line is another thing to high tec for me tried for quite a spell still could not get what I needed to show up checking sail.bass pro fishing world not much different in drive but can take a look and check prices be fore heading out thanks a bunch any way bob

Josh was telling me they are having a seminar Monday on gps/fishinders at 6:00 pm that might help your decision on what you want if you go to it. Check with them to make sure its a go though

Helix 9 is a simple unit. Purchased one this summer. Easy to use. Call Proctor Marine in Simcoe. Came with Navionics + card.

Try the boys at Angling outfitters in Woodstock. The boys are experts and it's hard to keep up for us less than tech savvy bunch.Should get a good deal this time of year.
What he said.........product support is the best, free updates, tune ups and so on.

I bought the Navionics + card. and not impressed, not very accurate.
Some places on the chart not even there depths are way off. You may be better buying a micro chip do the Live chart scan, but it cost a few hundred from Navionics for the program.
I should take a drive to Angling Outfitters and see what Joslin has to say about the + card

Hey Bob...I have been runnin eagle brand fish finders my entire erie fishin career....I have been runnin an Eagle LCD cuda 128 for 13 years....I paid $89 plus tax..and it works finding bait & fish and thermocline out on erie..yes it has surface temp..I use the LCD unit in combination with a garmin handheld GPS with contour great lakes mapping that I don't even pay attention too..lol.. I do use my fish hawk temp guage when necessary...I also have a portable eagle LCD unit i have used many ice out fishin trips specifically catchin lakers & specs in the north and has worked great...also used alot ice fishin catchin pickeral on LSC...its been beat up and duc taped ...and it still works
eagle brand are related to lowrance where they both offer plenty of value priced LCD sonar units that work ... a GPS is just as important to get right back on that reef...or getting back to port...don't sweat Bob they are easy to operate and easy to install including the transducer...

hi every thanks for all your words of wisdom will check out proctors them take a drive to Woodstock but it looks like hummingbird easy to operate thank you all so much bob

hi every thanks for all your words of wisdom will check out proctors them take a drive to Woodstock but it looks like hummingbird easy to operate thank you all so much bob
Might want to get your hummingbird from angling outfitters too best price I could find out of a great place too!

thanks guys for all your input went down to angling outfitters had a nice and very informative talk with Dane all in all came away with a lowrance hook 7 at a price nowere else came close to 559.99 + tax the new hook is a lot easier than the older models over stocked from boat show thanks so much again bob

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks