Grouse hunting - best timing

icefisherman

Never tried grouse hunting but planing one this season. Likely in the Temagami/Sudbury area...what would be good timing? Presumably when most leaves are down to see birds better? I guess we'll have to share the area with moose hunters....Thinking of taking the whole family up there for a weekend. Might be good practice for my older son who just became apprentice hunter this year.
Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
Thanks,

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

I head up to deer camp the first week of November every year, our camp is in the parry sound district. The grouse hunting is very good this time of year as it is still mild and the leaves are off the trees. I would suggest that you try for Grouse before the deer season starts up, so the last week of October would be a good bet b/c the forests should be empty and the leaves should be on the ground. Good luck!

Thanks Jwalsh,

Appreciate your advice. Not too many moose hunters up that way?
Hope we manage to find some grouse as I hear all kinds of good stories about them up there ;)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks