goose shot

erie feeln

just had an excellent day today oct 20 killed lots of geese but wounded a lot too witch led to fly aways DAM IT im shooting 3 inch heavy metal and blind side what is a great shot or can someone refer me to a shot that will kill

i won't shoot geese unless BBB. Went straight BB for ducks now to. You get the odd one that flies away and then drops stone dead 50 yards away. I shoot 3.5 heavy metal and the cheap Winchesters kill them dead with bigger shot.

Try patterning your gun if you haven’t already, waterfowl chokes make a big difference. Both shellls you use are good. I use the Winchester cheapies most of the time and have no issues. The shot string has to be going where you think it is !!

happy to read your killin geese erie feelin...
I like the name winchester...I have been usin there centrefire CT accubond cartridges for killin my big game successfully for years
and also my new last year winchester SX4 is working very good for killing ducks...

for perfomance and value priced steel loads.. I am now shootin the challenger super magnums for killing ducks 2X so far last week...i just ordered online 2 of the 100 round camo buckets of 3" super magnums on sale at cabelas until october 25th...that worked out to a total of $127.00 for 200 rounds delivered to my door..that load is 1 1/8 at 1550 fps in shot sizes BB, 2 & 4s...
at 63.5 cents a shot is there anything cheaper...

for ducks I think they will work great but geese im going to try fast steel bbb will see if not maybe heavy metal bbb

Hello Erie Feeln,

I have not shot a lot of geese but I have dropped them dead with 2 3/4" #3 steel shot at close range while hunting divers and 2 3/4" #1 steel shot at moderate range while hunting mallards.

I have used 2 3/4" BB steel shot and T copper plated steel shot specifically for Canada Geese without a problem on two (2) guided hunts. All 1 1/4 oz loads.

Jerome

Im surprised you are having a hard time with those loads.

I use 3.5 #2's with 1.5oz from federal. i don't care how dirty, nor what most people think. i can tell ya, every goose i shot at has not got up from its nap.
this load is bigger than the 10 ga loads. i took apart both shells, and was surprised on the difference. plus the federal loads are $26, why over pay on non performing hype garbage loads.
#2 at 40-50 yards, puts em in a death spin.
- i do use a extended choke i got from al's corner store.

just my 2 cents.
good luck

My buddy uses the cheap Winchesters.SO i told him about the pellets not being round and deformed, so he tried Remington on saturday and i feel he killed more birds dead with them .We cut open one of each wow Winchester is junk no comparison in the pellets colour size and shape

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks