Going to Burwell this weekend

icefisherman

With kids been out on extended vacation all summer, they've been asking them to find them some perch...so taking them to Buwell PP for the weekend. Any recent info as to are they finally showing up and where? Worth the drive to Hastings? Or save half the trip and go to Sand Hills?
Looks like eyes are still around 60 fow or so so should be able to find them easier. But would really appreciate some fresh info on the perch. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

By the way any minnows in the marinas in Burwell?

Thanks,

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Last edited:
With kids been out of extended vacation all summer, they've been asking them to find them some perch...so taking them to Buwell PP for the weekend. Any recent info as to are they finally showing up and where? Worth the drive to Hastings? Or save half the trip and go to Sand Hills?
Looks like eyes are still around 60 fow or so so should be able to find them easier. But would really appreciate some fresh info on the perch. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

By the way any minnows in the marinas in Burwell?

Thanks,

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman
Hastings was good last Saturday

Sandhill's was great for us on Monday, 40 fow and also good for friends that went on Wednesday, 50 fow

Until this year, and until very recently... I would have agreed with you 100%. But my last two trips to Lake O have been with an east wind and we slayed the bows! Countless double headers and even a triple, like the good ole days!!! But I hear ya with east is least! Even applies to ice fishing! For me anyway?!?! Maybe with the changing weather and jet stream.... east will mean feast? lol

East is Least!! You won't see me Fishing anywhere on a East Wind on the Great Lakes! Been there,& Done That! Save your Gas & Time,But Good Luck to anyone Fishing the,"East Wind." Tight Lines."

Would you say this applies for super low winds like we're having now?

I don't know that I buy that .... got 9 pics 1 perch 2sheep one of them 8lbs. Of bird food all before 11am east is the least but west winds are coming !

Attachments

• IMG_1933.JPG
    IMG_1933.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 26
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks