Frog Fishing

NetnLargies

Hey guys,

Just watching some of the classic and one thing I was thinking about is that I really want to foucs on frog fishign this year and get better at it.

I only have a smaller boat and was wondering is there anywhere near the conservation park or Millionaires for good frog fishing? What about Mouth of big creek etc?

Thanks,
Chad

Hey buddy I absolutely love frog fishing and there's buckets to be caught all around the bay just follow the shore lines and chuck your frog into the cane even in areas with light cover can be productive but the more slop the better.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

Hey SRT8,

Thanks for the feedback. And beautiful new rig you got there.

So the cane out by the conservation all the way out to Big Rice or little rice is productive?

Any type of frog in particular or colour? I throw SPROS and scum frogs usually green and white in colour.

Does time of day and temperature matter much? Last year was my first year of fishing the bay regularly and I did not pick up on much of a pattern for the top water.

Thanks again and hope to see you on the bay!

Chad

Yeah little rice and big rice are the best in that area. Thanks for the comment on the boat can't wait to pick it up I haven't actually seen on other than online LOL so I'm going to the fishing show tomo to look at 1 and put the deposit on it we will have to try and get out fishin in the summer I might even show you my secret frog LOL but I use spro most of the time and anytime that the frogs are out is a good time to fish them.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Yeah for sure if you are ever looking for a partner to fish let me know.

I live in Brantford and fish the Grand religously for Smallies and do well with a canoe.

I have a small tinny and fish the bay 2-3 times a month of whenever I can. The bay for me is tricky and I really and pumped to learn more about it. It feels like I know 10 times more about it then i did the last time.

Do you get out for srping Pike?

I plan on heading up to London next weekend for the fishing show is it worth it?

Thanks,
Chad

All along the causeway is a great spot to frog fish, find the clear pockets in the slop and cast em from a distance, let em sit for a bit and twitch it without moving far. Late day calm weather is incredible.

BD

Yeah BD that is a good spot I always over look I've caught multiple 5's there on night just before dark and I was using buzzbaits. NL the london show is pretty good a little small but still worth going. We will have to trade trips buckets on the bay for smallies on the river.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Hey BD thanks for the tips. Any colours in particular? Is the best spot to launch to fish along the causeway from the launch right by big creek?

SRT8 yeah for sure we should do that I live in Oakhill Drive (west Brantford) right near the river. Amazingly enough I catch 70% of my Smallies that are 2-3.5 lbs on buzzbaits too.

Chad

We fish most of the areas SRT8 fishes and do pretty good mostly on cloudy days using bobs perfect frogs. Mostly dark colors.

Hi all.
I feel kind of foolish since I don't fish for Bass. I thought that we were talking catching frogs at first. Not there would be anything wrong with that, it just wouldn't be for me:)
Cheers, Clark

Thats funny Clark, I used to do that when I was a kid, find a big bull frog and dangle a shyster lure with a tail on it till he ate it. Fun when I was young but wouldnt do it now, kind of feel for the frog...LOL

NL dark frogs and cast em far so you dont disturb the fish, either that or sit for 10 minutes once close to pocket to let them settle from boat noise. I also use braid and a stiff rod, thick veg to wrestle them out oAll in all A great way to fish.

BD

quote:
Originally posted by Walleye

Hi all.
I feel kind of foolish since I don't fish for Bass. I thought that we were talking catching frogs at first.

x2

i was hoping this was going to be about tactics for catching frogs. what is the frog population like around the bay? i'd love to get a bunch of fresh frog legs for a fry this summer :D

LONDON SHOW IS A GOOD SHOW. LOTS OF DEALS ON TACKLE , ELECTRONICS TRY ANGLING OUTFITTERS BOOTH. I WILL BE THERE FOR LOWRANCE. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.8D

the london boat and fishing show is worth it i went last year and got some good deals on senkos and theres all kinds of fishing stuff i will be going on saturday maybe i'll see you there

quote:
Originally posted by elevatorman

Chad, we'll get out in my boat and slam some largies this year for sure.

Dan B.

www.Fish-A-Thon.com

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_100_1368.jpg

Don't listen to this guy Chad he thinks rock bass are the worlds greatest sport fish LOL :p just teasin Dan

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I sure hope your bilge pump works in the new boat [}:)]

quote:
Originally posted by SRT8

quote:

Dan B.

www.Fish-A-Thon.com

Don't listen to this guy Chad he thinks rock bass are the worlds greatest sport fish LOL :p just teasin Dan

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Dan B.

www.Fish-A-Thon.com

Hey Dan,

I will take you up on that offer.
With all of these good offers on the table maybe my success rate on the bay will go up.

Thanks for the tips BD, I figured dark colours would be the trick.

Chad

quote:

I sure hope your bilge pump works in the new boat [}:)]

quote:
Originally posted by SRT8

quote:

Dan B.

www.Fish-A-Thon.com

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Dan B.

www.Fish-A-Thon.com

LOL I know were you keep your boat too
:D

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

:D

Chad - we'll figure out a day for froggin when the time comes, for now get your pike gear ready so we can catch tiny snotrockets in a month

Dan B.

www.Fish-A-Thon.com

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks