Fishing gadgets you wished existed? INPUT NEEDED!

sterlingz

With the long winter ahead I've decided to put some time and effort into developing what I think would be useful/cool fishing gadgets. I have an engineering background, CAD abilities and some manufacturing connections (both onshore and abroad). Also my sister in law is from China so she can act as an intermediate if I decide to manufacture there.

I was wondering if some of you had some ideas to toss my way. Maybe something you always wanted to invent but never had the time. Hate to see a good idea go to waste you know.

So far I have the following underway;

1. Diver that can be attached anywhere on the line. Similar to Slide Diver but no small parts and can be installed within seconds. I have this one 80% figured out.

2. Fixed "slider" that can be attached/removed in 1 second flat. Completely fixed, as in, will not move even when a strike occurs. Allows you to easily stack a bunch of lures. This one is 95% figured out. Going to prototype it soon.

Do you think these products would be useful? If so - what are the MUST have features for each?

Let's hear it folks!

Not sure about your products.

A BS Meter could come in handy on most fishing trips.:D
140.gif

Last edited:
There was a past 68 member inquiring about a towable air mattress? Not sure exactly what that person was fishing for.... can't seem to find the post any more o_O

Some adjustable rod holders that didn't cost a small fortune! I can get rail mount stainless holders for 25cad on amazon, but adjustable berts/cannon over 110cad?

I love my true trip divers (30s and 40s) and have good success with them. That said, the ability to fix a removable diver 100 foot back of the lure would increase fishing success for sure and allow you to fight the fish by itself for the last 100 feet. You would need the diver to be able to pull hard in a downward direction but then easily trip once a fish strikes. I would go with the fixed diver idea but my suggestion would be to set it up similar to a chamberlain down rigger stack able release but with the deep diving design. The key would be to have the downward force of the diver neutralized when you get a fish strike so you battle the fish and not the diver. With the chamberlain you can easily adjust how strong a strike it takes to trip the release which would be very important in such a device. As with any successful design ease of use and ease of production is essential. If you build it and it works I will the first to buy them. Or test them.;) Good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks