First time Long Point advice

paultracy

My brother and I were thinking of coming down to one of the government blinds next week on Wednesday. A few questions about how things work.
a) Are the odds of getting a blind mid week in November pretty good if we show up a couple hours before sunrise
b) We are bringing a boat are launching facilities on site
c) If going out in the dark on the first outing do they give you GPS co ordinates to locate the blind
Any insight from some regulars would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is a boat launch at the park and 1 more at the end of howey ave
The ramp at the park requires a daily pass fee and the other does not
There are also a few other ramps at the marinas in the area that are open for business also (better off ramping a boat from whatever ramp is the closest to the blind chosen)
I have a bunch of blinds on my GPS, and could e-mail some to you
Channels are marked pretty good, so GPS co-ordinates are good for a back up but a good spotlight is recommended
Not sure if unit is very busy on a Wednesday, perhaps someone else can chime in on that one
Shoot me an e-mail at aullyd@yahoo.ca and let me know where you are thinking of going to and I could check my GPS for co-ordinates

The Unit is open Monday and Wednesday Friday Saturday with Mon and Wed being the slower days. You should be at the park by 4:45 am when the office opens. If you go on the longpoint waterfowlers website on this page, it explains everything u need to know. The reservation system is also outlined and is a great way to obtain a good blind.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks