duck breast recipe

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
heres a quick easy and tasty way I cooked up some redhead duck breasts in no time
after debreasting the ducks after huntin I let them soak in a brine over night sunday..cold water & kosher salt...I removed the breasts and rinsed them in fresh cold water and paper toweled them dry and put them inbetween 2 layers of paper towel in a tupperware container and put them in the fridge...
I cooked up a midnight snack as you can see below...I dipped the breasts in an egg & milk wash and then patted them good in the golden dip fish batter and fried them in high heat peanut oil 3 minutes a side...sprinkled them good with sea salt...Ya they were served medium rare...they were really good I devoured them in no time...the one in the middle is 4 or 5 of the little tenderloin strips bunched together...yummm

Ya I was reading a bunch of duck breast recipes online that you had to fuss with on prep work thats not even necessary... the popper sounds pretty good.. i mght try somtime ...thats with the jalapeno and cheese inside with the slice of bacon wrapped around
ya redheads are great tasting tender breasts and there numbers are abundant ...if you got a tasty duck breast recipe you wanna share please do...

fried duck breast 001.JPG

Last edited:
Looks and sounds great. I did a couple redheads up like this...
Butterfly the breast, put a piece of cream cheese and jalepenos inside and put some montreal steak spice on the outside, use toothpicks to hold the breast from coming apart after you fold them back over. Get the bbq good and hot and cook medium rare. I enjoy it anyway lol

your duck breast recipe seems to be the most popular and sounds really good... will try that for sure...like you said high heat and serve medium rare..suprised how tender & tasty redhead are..and to take advantage how abundant they are and with a generous 18 duck possesion limit...the duck stamp offers good value for sure...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks