Dropshot Perch Rig

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
As the gales of November have kept this weekend warrior off the lake, I have been reluctantly removing everything from my boat & bringing it downstairs for the winter. Looks like my Normandale and LPB perch reports have come to an end, I noticed that I was down to the last of my favorite perch rigs which I posted about last year http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?threads/normandale-perch.62585/

Ironically a few weeks ago I had met up with a fellow 6-8 member that is the maker of (in my opinion) the best perch rig out there, very simple set up, tangle free which is very nice while I am fishing, baiting, unhooking with my wife & kids. He had given me some samples to try and made one of them in the colour I requested and a few in the advertising packaging which I plan on taking with me to the Angling Outfitters seminar I am attending on Dec 3rd to give to the staff. I personally prefer the old school Aberdeen hooks over the blood octopus hooks, so he made them to suit my needs.

I have no investment or financial gain in what I am posting or brining in with me, other than sharing a great product with fellow members and anglers which hopefully they will choose to stock & sell at there store (y)

IMG_20181116_2104398.jpgIMG_20181116_2105543.jpgIMG_20181116_2106338.jpg

The perch rigs look like “winners” @Extra Virgin,and I am looking forward to purchasing some of these and given them a try during my ice fishing trip’s this year when I usually fish for perch then.Talk soon & eventually Perch ON!! ????

The perch rigs look like “winners” @Extra Virgin,and I am looking forward to purchasing some of these and given them a try during my ice fishing trip’s this year when I usually fish for perch then.Talk soon & eventually Perch ON!! ????

Attachments

• 16C7320A-E036-4280-9208-88BF3BD6DBBB.jpeg
    16C7320A-E036-4280-9208-88BF3BD6DBBB.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 61C1B28C-C12E-4BC4-8107-091ACD5AA73E.jpeg
    61C1B28C-C12E-4BC4-8107-091ACD5AA73E.jpeg
    773.7 KB · Views: 123
That was an amazing day nailing double & triple headers with that perch rig, and crazy how the pole would bend with three jumbos on (y) I still laugh at how they ran out of room in the livewell so the jumbos offered the tiny 10 inchers to climb in :LOL:

hastings perch.jpghastings perch2.jpg

Hey extra virgin where can these be found thx

Currently no where. Angling sports in London used to carry them but never called the maker back to replenish there stock. I plan on bringing some with me to Angling Outfitters for the staff to have a look at (y)

What's interesting is I made the exact same thing 4-5 years ago for Lake Simcoe and did very well with them. Here I thought I was the only one using them...

I spoke with Jos today & he is on board with stocking I the perch rig. I'll pick up a couple dozen to bring with me for this Monday's seminar @ Angling Outfitters. If there is more interest in them, send me a message & I could possibly pick up more to bring (y)

in stock at Angling Outfitters as of today!!!
The perch rigs look great @bosco and @Extra Virgin!! I had a look at them last night,while I was at Angling Outfitters for the lowrance seminar,and I am looking forward to trying them out,especially on the perch,once the ice fishing season starts.????

Attachments

• 29CDA453-36FB-4A8E-BC9E-0F2EFA99816A.jpeg
    29CDA453-36FB-4A8E-BC9E-0F2EFA99816A.jpeg
    623.1 KB · Views: 78
Headed into Brantford today to visit family. Strange how my vehicle will steer towards tackle stores..... H&H tackle now have these perch rigs for sale (y)

Headed into Brantford today to visit family. Strange how my vehicle will steer towards tackle stores..... H&H tackle now have these perch rigs for sale (y)
I am looking forward to trying these perch rigs that I bought recently from Angling Outfitters out on long point bay through next week @Extra Virgin By the way,you are more than welcome to come along,all expensive paid.;)(y) If I don’t catch anything on these perch rigs,especially perch,:sneaky: I demand my money back!! LOL :ROFLMAO: I will post back later on my day on the ice using these perch rigs,good or bad. (y):)

Last edited:
Mrs EV sent me to the south end of London today to run some errands and I got lost along the way in Lambeth, so I figured I'd stop in & ask Steve directions. I think my truck must be broken as it keeps steering me towards tackle shops:rolleyes:. Lambeth Rod & Tackle now have these perch rigs in stock (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks