Doral boats

can't miss

Always shopping but never buying? Saw a Doral boat add that caught my eye. I am no boat expert when it comes to brands/makes, seem's to me I was told yrs ago to stay clear, poor hull or something?? Any opinions?? Thanks

Doral from what I remember were good quality boats. I know people who have had problems with older Bayliners and I was told not to touch them.

I had 2 brand new Doral boats in the 80s and never had any problems with hulls. They both got more than their share of big Lake Erie wave pounding from at that time a young weekend warrior that was wacky enough to go out in almost any condition just to get out fishing. Some days spent as much time out of the water as in it was so rough, crazy! :wacky: We were laid off at Ford in Talbotville for the entire summer in both 1981 & 1982 when 4 of us were fishing the fantastic Erie Cohoe boom almost everyday. We collectively put over $5,000 in fuel through my Merc 115 hp in 1 summer. Remember the gas prices in the 80s?... that's a lot of hull pounding on my Doral sometimes fishing 20 miles out. It hurts just to think about all those long rides in smashing through waves, no wonder my back hurts. :LOL:

Definitely conditions I would not even think about now so they were a quality fiberglass boat at that time for sure but later on I don't know.

Im not a expert on them either but when you still see alot of them still around from the 70's and 80's they done something good to them .

Still fishing out of a late 80's Doral Grande (4.3L Merc) with no structural issues. It was the Bayliners that were said to have hull issues.

I got a 1987 doral spirit, 18 foot, 3.0 omc cobra, handle rough water like a champ! no structure issues runs excellent

I have a 1987 Doral 16' bow rider with a 150 super six suzuki. My toy. Have pulled 4 and 5 skiiers many a time. 66 mph top end. Water has to be like glass though, not much boat in the water. Handles the big motor and works great.

I've got an 86 Doral Tara..run her at least twice a week for the last 7 years....no problems...I had heard of problems with Bayliners but never with Dorals...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks