Deer sign

can't miss

Whats everyone seeing for deer scrapes, rub.s and such? Seems a little behind around here, (Ingersoll), but seeing some this last week.
Caught this little guy marking and pissing? You have to wonder if he knows that vert. log on the right is part of my favorite ground blind, and that is deer for " giving the finger??"

Oct 27 2017.JPG October 2717.JPG

I found fresh scrapes over a month ago but then they weren't refreshing them even though I had deer on camera at the scrape. Earlier this week I took a little walk and found quite a few fresh scrapes and rubs. This is in Norfolk. TC

Been about a week or so here, North Middlesex. Couple of pics of a buck I'm chasing. The dates and times are screwed up on the camera, the daylight pick is the 27th, I'm guessing first light based on the pic. The night shot is about 2:30 am about 3 and a half hours before I got in the stand this morning, the 29th. Didn't see him this morning but did see 4 does on the way out. The scrape is a couple of feet from the stump in the pick and was freshened up last night, it's about 5 days old. No doe prints in it yet, hope he sticks around and comes out at shooting time.
accross creeek oct 27 date and time wrong.JPGacross creek oct 29 2 30 am.JPG

Been about a week or so here, North Middlesex. Couple of pics of a buck I'm chasing. The dates and times are screwed up on the camera, the daylight pick is the 27th, I'm guessing first light based on the pic. The night shot is about 2:30 am about 3 and a half hours before I got in the stand this morning, the 29th. Didn't see him this morning but did see 4 does on the way out. The scrape is a couple of feet from the stump in the pick and was freshened up last night, it's about 5 days old. No doe prints in it yet, hope he sticks around and comes out at shooting time.
View attachment 6878View attachment 6879
Looks like two different deer

Seeing a few scrapes, no rubs yet. Lots of tracks, and scat. Haven't seen any actual deer though which is odd. I think the days I got out where to warm. Nice sunny afternoons with a nine year old in tow aren't the best for scouting deer. But it's good to teach him to recognize sign. And some other bush craft. I also want him to be able to get to ally stands so he can help in an emergency.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks