deer hunting

Awinne9

hi im wondering if i need a deer liecense to hunt deer or if i get drawed is the tag just good

Hi there !
You should really get a copy of the Reg's and read it. A lot of your questions can be answered there. The CO's will want to see your up to date Outdoor Card along with your Controlled Hunt Validation Permit PLUS a Deer Licence (seal). Also make sure you are wearing the proper blaze orange as in coat/vest and hat/toque. Do not load your gun until you are in the woods/field by the required distance. Should you be so lucky as to get one make sure you tag it before you drag it ! I use slugs or sabots only as I found out early that buckshot just makes for cripples and a lot of wasted time looking for them. Sight in your gun. Even if it's a smoothbore with a bead sight. Nothing worse than having a nice rack standing broadside only to find out it shoots low at 50 yards.​

You may also want to have a hanging and butchering plan pre arranged. Last decade or so, seem's more often than not the Nov. hunt temps are to warm for home garage/barn hanging. good luck hunting

For sure about butcher plan. We use the boys up on North Road as they are good at butchering and close by. After field dressing we stop by the house and flush them out with fresh water. Helps cool the meat and gets rid of any dirt/blood/leaves etc. off them. Then straight to the butchers cooler.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks