Dec. Controlled HUnt

Magnum 3

Just finished the Dec. hunt . Man ... That was a cool one . Stopped at 13 . Figured we had enough venison . It was already Fri. and by the the time we had them all cleaned and rapped , we'ed be getting into Sunday , which it did . Just a note . I was using Federal 00 buck (blue box ) and had a couple of jams , one that actually cost me a buck . May have also cost me a good knife . Had to use it to dig an unfired shell out of the chamber . I know , must of been the gun , but actually had zero problems with the Remington's and Winchesters I switched to ,so that puts that theory to rest . One of the other guys complained about multiple misfires he had with a box of Federals in the past. I showed him how the brass had minor dimples and didn't seem truly rounded along the length , right out of the box . And I know I had a dud slug back 2 years ago when sighting in also. We both had written letters to Federal in the past with no reply in either case . So if there's a rep reading this , take note as we are done with your product . And I hope at least you pass this on to your QC department .

Sounds like you had a great week! Congrats. I had the muzzle loader season here crazy wind but managed to get a deer on Fri evening. All done for the year now and thinking about ducks and geese for the rest of a great season.

RT

congrats magnum on your action packed week...sorry to hear about the misfire...enjoy the venison...

ya when your up this way don't forget that part box of 20 guage

We only managed to get 1 but we had lots of ticks on us. Two of us had to dig them out of our skin

Yes Pete . A lot of ticks our way also . I personally didn't bring any home , but a lot of guys did .

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks