daughter wants to hunt

Awinne9

hi guys just wondering if anyone knows if my 16 year old daughter can hunt alone, for some reason she doesnt want to hunt with me anymore (no clue why), but just wondering if that is aloud, and can she hunt alone, been looking around and called many people never really got a straight anwser

Yea any kid over 12 coming next year gets their own bag limits. At 15 years old she is fine to carry her own firearm unsupervised to hunt.

So as long as she has her own outdoors card and her own licences she is fine to hunt alone.

It doesn't mean that she doesn't want to hunt with you any more. You have likely been there every step of the way and good for you. She
now wants to test and sharpen her skills by herself. She will be fine.

The short answer is no she cannot hunt alone with a firearm. She may be able to hunt alone with a bow providing she has all the proper licenses.

Very false information being used here on this topic. No one under the age of 18 can obtain a PAL, thus cannot carry a firearm alone period. A minors permit would be needed to handle a gun from age 16-18 under direct supervision of a valid PAL holder

A current copy of Ontario’s regulations will also help grestly

Rhodes

The short answer is no she cannot hunt alone with a firearm. She may be able to hunt alone with a bow providing she has all the proper licenses.

Very false information being used here on this topic. No one under the age of 18 can obtain a PAL, thus cannot carry a firearm alone period. A minors permit would be needed to handle a gun from age 16-18 under direct supervision of a valid PAL holder

A current copy of Ontario’s regulations will also help grestly

Rhodes
Yes, lots of false information. Under 15 must share a firearm. If they have had their A1 for more than 1 year, at 15 they can apply for a minor's permit and carry their own firearm but must be under direct supervision of a mentor. At 16 they can apply to have the direct supervision restriction removed from their minor's permit and are able to hunt in their own stand, blind etc. At 18 they must apply for a PAL and can not apply early. Must be 18 to apply so no gun hunting until you have your PAL. Just went through all of this with my oldest son. He turned 18 at the end of June, applied for his PAL and still has not received it. Was unable to hunt early goose and the first few weeks of waterfowl look questionable for him as well. My youngest has his birthday inn October. Looks like he will be bow hunting only in the fall of 2021

My grandson just finished the Delta Waterfowl camp and the form for Service Ontario does he have to attend or can I just take it in and register him. My daughter thought he would have to go and have a photo taken for the apprentice hunter card.

My grandson just finished the Delta Waterfowl camp and the form for Service Ontario does he have to attend or can I just take it in and register him. My daughter thought he would have to go and have a photo taken for the apprentice hunter card.

Great program Delta runs in TP. My youngest attended last year. He went with my wife to Service Ontario and she is pretty sure that he had to sign as well as her - parents must sign a consent form. No photo needed to get his apprentice card.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks