Current Blind information.

ADP421

Hey all

Just wondering if someone who is in the know could post which blinds have been made accessible for walk in etc also which ones have a two and which ones have a 3 gun limit.

I know it isn't always the same each year depending on conditions.

Thanks

All blinds are two man shooting points are three man. As for walk outs there are very few this year because of high water trails could not be maintained. Also the walk outa that are still available are a hard walk. Sure someone else man chime in with more detail or call the office and talk to someone.

Sounds like you know exactly what I do. Anybody else able to elaborate? Also not a hard walk. Been to two this year. I pretty much know what they are. But I was hoping someone with the actual numbers would enlighten us. For future reference.

Just like quacker smacker said. Some blinds are not easily walkable. For some people its easier than others. Any spots that are a three gun limit are shooting points which you cannot walk to. There is a unit map on the long point waterfowl association page which has numbers of which are blinds and which are shooting points. Call the unit office after this and talk to Fred or Randall and they can tell you what guys are walking to regularly.

Guys I already know this.

Last year there was a list on stomps top to bottom. With info on each spot. I have walked in to all the walk ins.

I just wanted someone to post the specific list as they did in years past.

That's all.

2011 Long Point Waterfowl Unit – Blind Descriptions
**PLEASE USE CAUTION IN FRESH DUG AREAS**
Shooting Point – c/w table, walk-in, dug pond, waders needed, dog recommended
2. Shooting Point – c/w table, walk-in, waders needed, semi-soft bottom, dug pond, dog recommended.
3. Shooting Point - c/w table, walk-in, waders/dog recommended.
4. Shooting Point – access by small boat (channel on east side) or walk-out, hard sand bottom, very shallow.
5. Blind faces North – walk-out, waders needed, hard bottom.
6a. Blind faces North – walk-out or small boat, hard
sand bottom.
6b. Shooting Point – walk-out or small boat, hard sand
bottom.
7. Blind faces North – walk-out, hard sand bottom.
8. Blind faces Southeast - access by small boat/canoe,
semi-hard bottom, dug pond.
10. Blind faces Northeast– access by canoe/boat, semi –soft bottom, large pond. NOTE: Take extreme caution due to hunters traveling channel in front of blind.
11. Blind faces North – access by canoe/small boat, very soft.
12. Blind faces South – access by canoe/small boat, dug pond, hard bottom.
13. Blind faces South – access by boat/canoe, hard sand bottom.
14. Shooting Point – hard sand bottom, access by boat/canoe. NOTE: Do Not Shoot Toward Cottages.
15. Shooting Point – access by boat, semi-soft bottom, rented in conjunction with Blind #16.
16. Shooting Point – access by boat, semi-soft bottom, rented in conjunction with Blind #15, cut pond.
17. Shooting Point – access by boat, hard sand bottom.
18. Blind faces East – access by boat, semi-soft bottom, dug pond.
19. Blind faces East – access by boat, semi- soft bottom, dug pond.
20. Blind faces South – access by canoe/boat, semi-soft bottom.
21. Please check with office RE: orientation and location – access by boat, dug pond.
NOTE: Take extreme caution due to hunters traveling channel in front of blind.
22. Blind faces South – access by boat, semi-soft bottom, dug pond.
23. Blind faces East – access by boat, semi-soft bottom.
24. Shooting Point – access by boat , depth 2’-3’, outer bay, hard bottom, cut pond, must shoot out of boat
25. Blind faces South – access by boat, semi-soft bottom, dug pond.
26. Blind faces South/East – semi-soft bottom, dug pond, access by boat.
27. Shooting Point – semi-soft bottom, cut pond, access by boat.
28. Blind faces East–access by boat, hard bottom, new pond.
29. Shooting Point – semi-soft bottom, cut pond, access by boat.
30. Shooting Point – semi-soft bottom, cut pond, access by boat.
33. Shooting Point – outer bay, access by boat.
34. Shooting Point – outer bay, access by boat.
35. Shooting Point – access by small boat, semi-soft bottom, cut pond – launch from Marina Shores
37. Shooting Point – access by boat, hard bottom, cut pond.
38. Blind faces South – access by small boat, hard sand bottom, very shallow – launch from Marina Shores.
39. Blind faces West – access by small boat, hard sand bottom – launch from Marina Shores.
40. Blind faces North – access by small boat, hard sand bottom– launch from Marina Shores.
41. Blind faces North – walk-out, hard sand bottom, very shallow, small boat or canoe
42. Blind faces West – Wheelchair accessible/ walk-out, dug pond
43. Blind faces Southwest – walk-out, very shallow.
Big Creek #1 -Blind faces North – access by small boat/canoe, dog recommended, very soft/muddy bottom, launch at Big Creek bridge.
Big Creek #3 -Blind faces Northwest – access by small boat/canoe, dog recommended, very soft/muddy bottom, launch at Big Creek bridge.
Big Creek #5 -Blind faces North, extremely soft bottom, dog recommended for retrieving.
NOTE: Hazards (iron and wood debris) in the deep channel’s water – use extreme caution when navigating.
Big Creek #6
-Blind faces East – access by small boat/canoe, very soft-muddy bottom, dog recommended, NOTE: Hazards (iron and wood debris) in the deep channel’s water – use extreme caution when navigating.
NOTE: BLINDS 2, 3, 4, 5, 6a, 7, 38, 39, 40, 41 and 43 may have little or no water during times of strong West or Southwest winds. Watch for changing wind directions which may effect (reduce or increase) water levels.

For a guy who knows it all your sure asking a lot of questions. Everything has changed in the marsh this year because of high water none of the maps have been updated yet because lack of time. The walk out change daily and depending on hunter experience. Ill post the link to all the blind info but it's all out of date. Your best bet for the most current will be to call the unit office.

i just thought having a posting up would help others and I wasn't positive on the exact numbers. There's 2 signs with the current information on them to the left when your looking at the unit desk. Would be good to reference online.

Ok I'm going to make my finial statement clear. Walk outs change daily sometimes even hourly depending on wind direction and water levels. To get The most current and Up to date info call Fred or Randall as stated above multiple times now. I'll save you the work so here's the number. 519-586-2133 ext 229 there in the office mon,wed fri and sat for sure from 5am to an hour or so after shooting time.

Lol whatever man. Thanks for telling me multiple times what I already know. Even after I said I know. I've got the number in my phone. But I appreciate the under tone.

ADP421, I think I have an answer;
from page 7 of

2014 LPWMU Information Package
11. Locations with blinds will be rented to a maximum of two hunters/blind and hunting points to a maximum of three hunters/hunting point with the exception of the east end hunting points and blinds. A maximum of 2 hunters will be allowed at blinds and hunting points 1 to 7 inclusive.

ADP421 , hope this helps as far as I know the only walk outs that are walkable are 1,2,5, and 7. I know 41 and 43 are boat this year as I have shot 41 with the boat and 4,3,and 6 were only by boat last year as far a I know. I however don't shoot the walk outs as I have a boat. As for three guns all shooting points are allowed three. Hope this is what you are looking for and good luck

Quacker_Smacker and big dawg06, can you help me out and tell me where to find the information that says all shooting points allow 3 hunters?
Thanks
Tim

Mooner you are correct about the blinds /shooting points 1-7 inclusive being two man only. As for the rest of the shooting point are three

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks