Crown Marsh - Prescribed Burn (LPWA)

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I just received notice from the MNRF that licensed contractors will be burning the phragmites that were sprayed and rolled earlier in 2015 and 2016 . The prescribed burn is being conducted on our behalf starting at 2:00 pm Saturday March 12th. Please do not approach the site beyond the road or parking area as a permit is required to do so. The work is being carried out by professionals under the supervision of the Ministry of Natural Resources.

Burn the whole Unit or that stuff will still be there ! Plant grasses that will kill off the Phragmites.
We will probably learn more at the AGM on April 10th but there is a possibility that we get a permit to aerial spray the phragmites in the entire Crown Marsh in 2016. To date we have been restricted to application of herbicide to phragmites accessible by land. i.e. no spraying over water.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks