coyotes

pops

I was walking in Monday night on the east end from blind 6, and thought I heard something in the marsh grass beside me.I stopped and listened ,nothing.I figured I'm hearing thing's, but 20 feet more down the trail I am definately hearing something in the grass moving beside me ,I shine my flashlight ,nothing. I start moving again and this coyote start's howling (20 yards )boy that will get your attention!Then the rest (I'm guessing 2 or 3,maybe more ? ) start with the yipping,and squealing while the howler starts barking .They stayed in the same spot(fork of the road ,so to speak where the trail goes to 5,3, and 4 )and carried on for about 10 minutes.I didn't fear for my safety as I was travelling with Mr. Browning. What I am concerned about is that most of you guys have a dog with you.I can see the potential for a messy situation. I think you would be wise to have your dog on a lead for the trip out.It should also be noted that I set a personal best time for my trip back to the truck !

there is a family of them somewhere near the last "S" bend in the road near #4-7 entrance, we went camping a couple times there this summer and they were always out on the roadway waiting to be fed by campers
not shy at all, I got out of my truck and took a few pics and a video of one that just sat there while I walked around it(just a pup)
just a matter of time before something happens
hopefully they kick in a bounty on them soon!!!!

when hevi-shot's-a-flyin',alot-a-ducks-a-dyin'

wylie.jpg

Coyotes who have been hand fed ,and apparently lost a lot of fear of humans,running around a camp ground full of kids; what could possibly go wrong.And I was worried about someones dog getting chewed up ! On my next trip out I think I will be carrying a bag of dog treats.

Are there any predator management tactics or trappers down at the point, maybe it is time to do something like what they have been experimenting with at the Delta Marsh in Manitoba.

Hello guys,

I was at blind 6 yesterday and I found a head of a hen bluebill in the area ... no carcass ... just the head.

Jerome

quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Boy

Hello guys,

I was at blind 6 yesterday and I found a head of a hen bluebill in the area ... no carcass ... just the head.

Jerome

I leave those once in a while when I get a little over-zealous with the neck-wringing.

I'm thinking that there are enough cripples in that end of the unit to keep the coyotes well fed.

OCLP, the regulations are clear that we are only allowed to shoot ducks and geese in A-Zone. However, it is also clearly regulated that we must dispatch cripples as quickly as possible. Well if the cripple happened to be in the coyote's jaws.....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks