controlled deer hunt tags

Awinne9

just wondering if anybody knows how man people you can have in a party down in norfolk county.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-hunt-controlled-deer

Choose to apply as an individual or as a group
Individual hunters can skip to the next step.

Up to 4 hunters can apply as a group. Once you submit your group application you cannot make a change to the group members.

Decide on a group leader who will carry out the following steps on behalf of the group:

• be the first person in the group to apply (this person applies as the group leader)
  • provide the group’s preferred hunt code(s)
  • record the group reference number that identifies the group and its choices
  • share the reference number with the hunters in the group and instruct each of them to apply to the draw as a group member

Do you mean how many hunters in the field can you have ? If so I guess the sky's the limit but if applying for tags then as mentioned 4 to a group with one of them as group leader.

Considering we don't have a shortage of seals down here and if you apply your getting a tag regardless there is zero need to apply as a group.

You would only want to apply as a group if we had a shortage of seals or your chances of getting drawn were under 100%...

Considering we don't have a shortage of seals down here and if you apply your getting a tag regardless there is zero need to apply as a group.

You would only want to apply as a group if we had a shortage of seals or your chances of getting drawn were under 100%...
Kinda funny about those seals . I think last year , results were 1600 available 1602 applied . Either way , the 2 that didn't were both in our group . Maybe it was the year before . LOL

Zero need, until a member of the party manages to knock down 2-3 deer on concession A when the rest of the group is across the road on concession B. Conservation officer pulls up as he sees hunters exiting bush, as they often sit back and wait for people to show themselves before approaching, and questions the shots he heard. Do you lie to the CO and say you missed or fess up and hope he understands? You're really hooped if he finds out you chose to lie as other hunters cannot use your tag for you unless you're in a group.

There's also the fact the entire group can continue hunting as long as there is still one tag available where as applying as individuals means your buddies who've already shot their deer cannot continue hunting the rest of the week to help you fill your tag.

You always want to apply as a group for deer whenever possible. More time in the bush for everyone, better chances of filling all the tags, and zero chance of getting nailed for illegal party hunting.

Zero need, until a member of the party manages to knock down 2-3 deer on concession A when the rest of the group is across the road on concession B. Conservation officer pulls up as he sees hunters exiting bush, as they often sit back and wait for people to show themselves before approaching, and questions the shots he heard. Do you lie to the CO and say you missed or fess up and hope he understands? You're really hooped if he finds out you chose to lie as other hunters cannot use your tag for you unless you're in a group.

There's also the fact the entire group can continue hunting as long as there is still one tag available where as applying as individuals means your buddies who've already shot their deer cannot continue hunting the rest of the week to help you fill your tag.

You always want to apply as a group for deer whenever possible. More time in the bush for everyone, better chances of filling all the tags, and zero chance of getting nailed for illegal party hunting.

I've been hunting with the same Party for lilke 6 or 7 years now. We all apply as individuals.

And we all share available tags.

You don't have to apply as a group to party hunt one iota.

Not sure where you ever understood this fact but you've got it all wrong.

Radio communication is legit for party hunting too.

I'll stay clear of my yearly orange army meat hunt rant, sorry had to get it in?
And another year older, hopefully wiser, look at my way of hunting, sit and stalk, maybe not that different? We all harvest a deer?
I do question as deer hunter's, how we always freak about tag #'s, southern ont is always about more tag's? You all know it? wive's apply to up the tag count, using grampa's tag, folks applying with no intent to hunt?
Guess I'm asking and arguing, how many deer is enough, no peta here, one last me 2 yrs, who needs more?

I'll stay clear of my yearly orange army meat hunt rant, sorry had to get it in?
And another year older, hopefully wiser, look at my way of hunting, sit and stalk, maybe not that different? We all harvest a deer?
I do question as deer hunter's, how we always freak about tag #'s, southern ont is always about more tag's? You all know it? wive's apply to up the tag count, using grampa's tag, folks applying with no intent to hunt?
Guess I'm asking and arguing, how many deer is enough, no peta here, one last me 2 yrs, who needs more?
You must not eat venison that often if one deer last you two years. My one deer from last year only lasted until June :( no more venison burgers on the bbq for this guy until the season opens.

Family of 4 and we all eat it and love to share it with friends and family. 2 is perfect. Better than $30 beef steak!

More often than not the past few years our group has spent 80% of time in stands not doing drives.

You can party hunt without applying as a group.

Antlerless bow tag plus an extra antlered or antlerless surplus bow tag for 92. Controlled blackpowder hunt in Dec. I always fill an archery tag plus in the blackpowder hunt there are 4 of us. With the extra bow tag I can take an archery deer plus a blackpower deer. 2 deer is tons of meat for myself, family members, the odd roast to a friend or 2. Meat from the blackpowder hunt goes to 3 of the 4 of us--one dosnt want any...plus some for the 2 farmers that own the bush. Nothing goes to waste for sure!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks