Chrome

@Stick Wild guess here ..... Dave ??? ( Man who can`t keep fish off hook ? )
Ya Donny on the Dave part. I wish on the second part. They say Muskie are the fish of a thousand casts, I'd like someone to follow me and count. Lol.

A Thousand ? I was thinking a million or 2 . I latched onto "one" once , lasted 5 seconds . lol
Have you been trying the bay this yr ? The pike and muskie seem to be doing quite well nowdays according to this site . Only got there twice this yr , didn`t catch much , nothing what it used to be . We`ve been doing the Burwell Walleye Rush and now as you can see onto Big Creek .

Stick, if you ever want to get into a musky or two get ahold of me and I can show you a quiet, very productive fishery that would perfectly suit your angling style ;) In 20+yrs fishing it I have yet to do a trip an not atleast see a musky.....

Josh

Ya Donny on the Dave part. I wish on the second part. They say Muskie are the fish of a thousand casts, I'd like someone to follow me and count. Lol.

St. Clair if you want to catch musky, it holds hordes of them and big brutes. (y)

Actually I was only referring to muskie for the number of casts per fish. I'd be curious to know how many drifts per trout I make in any given season. My arm feels like it is ready to fall off just from a half day junk jamming yesterday. And no big fish to play with either.

It's called Disappointment Creek for a reason. Yeah there's a few fish if you know where to look but it is a hell of a river to fish. Overgrown trees will snag you on every cast if you don't pay close attention and the underwater snags will have you retying frequently. Walking it is hard going in spots.

There is easy fishing in some spots but that's not where the fish are usually.

Some people have Big dialed right in and do well. Obviously I am not one of those people.
yes i stick to rivers and tribs off lake huron.much easier to walk and alot more fish.

Well I didnt get any trout in the big creek but take a look at this nice suprise. Where the is one there should be more...heres hoping haha
Nice Walleye @Cam Reeves!! It looks very skinny but long!! I have never fished big creek,and I likely never will.I like bigger river’s for fishing.Smaller creeks/rivers give me claustrophobia and are usually crowded!! Enjoy your walleye fry & Tight Lines!! ????

yes i stick to rivers and tribs off lake huron.much easier to walk and alot more fish.
Bigger water and easier to walk,plus more fish at times,for sure on most Lake Huron tribs @dave There a trout also has a fighting chance to make their long runs,and occasionally their front or backwards summersaults,(etc.),sometimes during their fight,(just my opinion). A photo of a much “younger” ? @Red Hering (from last year),LOL with a Steelhead. ????

Attachments

• 12F505FA-F491-46DE-B686-8291AD5AEE17.jpeg
    12F505FA-F491-46DE-B686-8291AD5AEE17.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
  • AFDA60E3-32D3-4DFF-989C-A692F383CC6F.jpeg
    AFDA60E3-32D3-4DFF-989C-A692F383CC6F.jpeg
    737.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Agreed @dave w. I did enjoy living in the Guelph area many years ago as it was very easy to scratch the Steelhead itch from G-Bay to Huron to Erie to Ontario. Being close to Erie now the drives to Huron are long but well worth the trek when I go up a couple of times each season.

Bigger water and easier to walk,plus more fish at times,for sure on most Lake Huron tribs @dave There a trout also has a fighting chance to make their long runs,and occasionally their front or backwards summersaults,(etc.),sometimes during their fight,(just my opinion). A photo of a much “younger” ? @Red Hering (from last year),LOL with a Steelhead. ????
very true red.the maitland is a great river.so many runs you can fish.its much easier for me to walk.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks