Chrome

bart

Is there anyone fishing for chrome the Big creek.?
Wondering if there a few swimming around

I was wondering the same thing. It is a difficult river to walk up and down, im contemplating putting the canoe or kayak in. I have tried before a couple times and never had any luck...maybe just not the right timing. I have heard of them being there but its just a fishermans tale for me untill i see some proof

It's called Disappointment Creek for a reason. Yeah there's a few fish if you know where to look but it is a hell of a river to fish. Overgrown trees will snag you on every cast if you don't pay close attention and the underwater snags will have you retying frequently. Walking it is hard going in spots.

There is easy fishing in some spots but that's not where the fish are usually.

Some people have Big dialed right in and do well. Obviously I am not one of those people.

It's called Disappointment Creek for a reason. Yeah there's a few fish if you know where to look but it is a hell of a river to fish. Overgrown trees will snag you on every cast if you don't pay close attention and the underwater snags will have you retying frequently. Walking it is hard going in spots.

There is easy fishing in some spots but that's not where the fish are usually.

Some people have Big dialed right in and do well. Obviously I am not one of those people.

:love:

Reactions: Jay
"Stick" is the authority when I comes to fishing Big Creek. I can remember him working it more than 40 years ago.

"Stick" is the authority when I comes to fishing Big Creek. I can remember him working it more than 40 years ago.
I just got lucky enough to be tutored by some of the most committed trout men of my time. 48 years and learning continuously.

That is a beauty! Nothing like fall river run bows. Beautiful chrome. Just took one out of the smoker an hour ago.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks