Causeway issue

Great. How long will it take Norfolk to fix this? I am guessing construction will start july 1st and continue till sept 4th. Ill bring the 2x12s and the nails. Just need some guys to bring the beers and their pouches. Get her done this weekend. Just like that documentary said. Norfolk has had its share of obstacles but the residents have found ways to fix it.

@Three Bouys may need to use the sWellcraft to ferry himself off the point so he can head up north to Timberwolf Lodge. Better get the pick-up parked on the mainland Jim... just in case...

i wonder why the bridge is a mess.
Was it rated for all the heavy trucks that came over it to do Hwy59 or all the other heavy truck that brought in rock for the retaining walls along the beach, or the heavy equipment needed?

I drove over the Port Bruce bridge two days before it collapsed. I drove over the causeway bridge twice yesterday. Wife says that's it for me, I am no longer allowed to drive over bridges.

Being a member of the Fire Service for Long Point, I wonder how we’ll get our trucks across? Should be interesting what the County decides.

Looks like they've parked 3 fire trucks on Long Point to be sure firefighters will be able to respond to emergencies.

This winter/spring was brutal on bridges and there have been many closures across SW Ontario. Matter of fact, it's quite the PITA as there are 3 closed on my route to work in Kitchener. Many of the bridges around here were built around the same time in the 60's so they'll all be failing or require extensive work around the same time as they near the end of their service life. What really sucks is work can only be completed during the warm months which is also the busiest time of year for tourism.

The article states they'll be doing repairs this summer, 6 years earlier than planned. That said, as someone who works in road construction and has come within inches of being mowed down by an angry motorist (who seconds later hit a parked car and rolled their vehicle), PLEASE be patient, PLEASE do not blame the workers for the inconvenience, and PLEASE slow down in construction zones as they conduct repairs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks