Fishing Report Burwell

KiaTech

Got on the water about 7am. Slow days fishing. Everything was scattered. Fished 47 57 feet of water mostly everything on bottom at 54 and mark a few at 39ish. Ended up with 4 pics nothing bigger than 2 pounds. Dipseys didnt fire once the whole trip. Everything was on downriggers 45feet down with blue and silver wally divers.

Attachments

• IMG_6332.jpg
    IMG_6332.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6333.jpg
    IMG_6333.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 85
Got on the water about 7am. Slow days fishing. Everything was scattered. Fished 47 57 feet of water mostly everything on bottom at 54 and mark a few at 39ish. Ended up with 4 pics nothing bigger than 2 pounds. Dipseys didnt fire once the whole trip. Everything was on downriggers 45feet down with blue and silver wally divers.
Congratulations & nice looking walleye’s @KiaTech,and it looks like I will be bringing my downrigger whenever I get back out there again on Lake Erie. Thanks for the post,& enjoy your walleye fry.??????

Congratulations & nice looking walleye’s @KiaTech,and it looks like I will be bringing my downrigger whenever I get back out there again on Lake Erie. Thanks for the post,& enjoy your walleye fry.??????
47117FEA-6B65-4D38-9826-48BEA65AE044.jpeg

Me and a buddy went out this am and had similar results. We have been 12 times since second week of August and caught limits with throw backs every trip. Today we fished from 7 am until 1 and only managed 2. We normally fish one spot from 51-52 feet and today we moved all over from 40-58. Glad it wasn’t just us. Better luck next time I guess

Went out with my Dad, daughter and son. We left Big Otter around 1 and we’re back by about 4. We had one hit in about 45’ S or Port. Pretty slow and pretty bumpy out there. This is the only fish and the guy who bagged it. Caught on a worm harness with an artificial minnow 80’ back.

Attachments

• DE92C70B-3BDB-4117-91C7-1F9EA3F88E40.jpeg
    DE92C70B-3BDB-4117-91C7-1F9EA3F88E40.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
Went out with my Dad, daughter and son. We left Big Otter around 1 and we’re back by about 4. We had one hit in about 45’ S or Port. Pretty slow and pretty bumpy out there. This is the only fish and the guy who bagged it. Caught on a worm harness with an artificial minnow 80’ back.
WOW!! That’s a beautiful walleye & ?Congratulations ?!! ????

Me and a buddy went out this am and had similar results. We have been 12 times since second week of August and caught limits with throw backs every trip. Today we fished from 7 am until 1 and only managed 2. We normally fish one spot from 51-52 feet and today we moved all over from 40-58. Glad it wasn’t just us. Better luck next time I guess
Thanks also for the report of your trip from today.Lets hope that it isn’t over yet,or it’s going to be pike fishing next for me.But I would prefer a couple of more walleye trip’s again first.Good luck if you fish for walleye’s on Lake Erie the next time.?????

Nice catch, I have been trying to get a big one like that all year long. Nice work!

Nice catch, I have been trying to get a big one like that all year long. Nice work!
That’s only the second real big one we have landed this year. A nine pound and this guy. He’s bigger than the 9 pound by a bit but not much.

Today was a tough day on the water at Burwell. Wind, waves, cold, and lockjaw.

The boat managed to land everything it got hooks into which was eight Walleye. Had a number of knockoffs without hooksets, and landed a single silver bass.

Every rod produced, but basically only once each.

During a moving deep water visit from the ministry in a camouflage painted boat one of the dipsys fired which was funny, but sadly no hookset.

Huge areas of water with this stuff on the screen started giving us fits with no takers after a while. LOL

screen.jpg

Got really bumpy when the East winds kicked in with 4+ footers but......... Still, it was a good day on the water.

Last edited:
Had the same pic on my graph sat at Burwell................think they are smelts, did not catch any fish when screen was full like that ...........friend told me today walleye they caught were STUFFED full of smelts.

Had the same pic on my graph sat at Burwell................think they are smelts, did not catch any fish when screen was full like that ...........friend told me today walleye they caught were STUFFED full of smelts.

Most of ours from Sunday were also full of smelt. Explains the plentiful bait balls out there.

If you see a big bait ball like that with what are likely walleye feeding, I wonder if it would be a good idea to time it right and pop lures from the downriggers when they're close to the school. With all those baitfish swimming around, our lures moving at relatively the same pace would blend in with the crowd. Pop lures from the releases and make them appear like wounded smelt to draw attention.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks