browning a5

erie feeln

dad just bought a browning a5 he not sure if he can shoot 000buckshot out of it with a full choke im saying yes cause its a smooth bore but cannot find nothing on computer that says noooooo frustrated help will be great

Hi erie feelin...I looked up this first quote and cut and pasted it ..I believe it is accurate with a magnum load...I have shot (double) OO buckshot and SSG thru a fixed full choke mossberg and worked fine..

An old Browning A-5 with a 26" fixed full choke barrel will put ALL triple "000" pellets in a 10" pie plate at 40 yds. and these pellets will pass completely through a deer at that distance...

Depending on the gun and loads, buckshot loads can be and are very devastating!

I would go with the highest velocity 3 inch magnum load you can find on the shelf and pattern that load...

if your the least bit shakey call browning customer service for technical support and give them the exact barrel specs. for best magnum load reccomendations and there performance...

years ago I can say I killed a running deer with one 00 buckshot 3 inch magnum in a fixed full choke mossberg pump...

Last edited:
hey mick thanks we patterned the guns with a carlton full choke and it seems to be just fine actually my dad shot a huge 15 point beast on Wednesday omg hugeeeeeeeee so yes the chokes and shells can be fired thanks johnny

congrats to your dad on killing his super big buck...especially with a new shotgun...ya that 18 pointer taken last week was a 6X6 frame with the extras...over 300lbs dressed out
thats great you and dad patterned the gun with a full choke & got a buckshot load to score big...terrific johnny..

ya its funny that buckshot was inteaded to kill bucks only...so true..

Last edited:
hey @droptine I think like you..

I wasn't the shooter I quoted on the 18 pointer killed Nov 11...I will be seein the picture from the shooters dad very soon..I still haven't ran into an old huntin buddy here in town that killed a 92B giant 3 seasons ago...my closer friend drove out to the deer camp and physically described the dressed out giant like a cow...I forget what the rack was...the MNR went down there and recorded that one as well..
the 18 pointer is at a taxidermist that does it for a hobby...so thats not even an option for me to go see it...in this day and age why can't they take pictures before taxidermy and share these well deserved bragging rights...I don't get it..they will be sorry when they get older and wish they did..

I wonder if the MNR would share...at least a look at the record books ...92B is where its at in this neighbourhood..

with a username droptine, I thought Jeff you might appreciate this deer mount photo of an outfitter & hunter I had the pleasure of Alberta elk hunting with last October...there mostly mulies..but take a look at the whitetails one just above the back catcher and three to the right of it...out of respect yes I had the permission to take and share the photos....he has 2 other walls with a nice selection of other species that I thought was very impressive...

ya hunting can pay off more ways then one..and you don't have to be rich either...out smartin your game is the success story..right hunters...lol

alberta elk hunt 027.JPG

Last edited:
thanks for sharing you guys...thats a wow buck..a main frame ten 5 X5 with good mass & interesting extras..good job to the shooter

thats one old gray deer..the taxidermist could send the teeth in to be aged

and by the look of um he was probably on his last season..pretty lean in the picture..ya great catch to be smilin about..

Last edited:
ya shane all I here is how the old man filled the freezer lol omg its going to be a long yr of that. also mick the deer had no teeth he maybe had some molers but the front were gone ha ha ha europiean style mount being done

ya erie feelin no front teeth left.. that explains the old age and under nourished and thin...ya your dad did him a favour and prevented a cruel and harsh winter suffering...ya the european mount will need some deer dentures...lol..

has your dad picked out a name for grandpa yet..lol

Last edited:
Federal 12ga Buck Shot

$8.50

Federal 12ga, 3″ 00 Buck 15 Pellet

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks