Brother Tim

Stick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Set up an email buddy. You know there are things I won't tell you here.

Stick

Prepare for every outing as if it were a military mission. Play every fish like you were dancing with the prettiest woman in the room!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ KERSPLASH!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

Stick
justineandtim@hotmail.com My arms and legs are killing me, fished all weekend and am heading out for some more as i have today off,lol.

Always knew you were a glutton for punishment.

Stick

Prepare for every outing as if it were a military mission. Play every fish like you were dancing with the prettiest woman in the room!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

Quinner
Looks like your doing just fine but you could always let us in on yours. I like fishing new waters.Happy fishing:)

quote:
Originally posted by gobass1

Tim let me in on his tricks but he has forgot more than i will ever know lol.

Bruce

That just happens with age.

quote:
Originally posted by tim_pinnell

Quinner
Looks like your doing just fine but you could always let us in on yours. I like fishing new waters.Happy fishing:)

We fish the same water, one of these days we will run into each other.

halloween09.jpg

Bruce, let me know when you want to try and get your float :Dback It's still where you left it:D Quinner, sounds good, we will run into each other one day as long as i can still walk the creeks, getting tougher for me each year, think i will try a log infested concession this morning, rain or no rain i am headed out shortly. Better yet i think i will invest in a Jon boat for the upcoming years:)

quote:
Better yet i think i will invest in a Jon boat for the upcoming years:)

I only paid $500 for that 14' you saw me in with my buddy Joe! Just watch Kijiji like a hawk! There's always a deal on that site!

We did a different stretch Friday, pulling out where we launched last time and found it kinda slow......There were some players around but nothing like it will be after a decent rain. Would probably make it a little easier to navigate as well! Lol!

Josh

Josh
How heavy is that Jon boat of yours. I want to get something light enough for the wife and i to load and unload. I haven't fished that trib i seen you since that weekend. It definitely needs rain, system i am fishing now has more depth and it could use some color so i don't have to do sooooooo much walking, back is killing me but i am giving it a go again tomorrow, try a different section closer to the lake. Good luck and if the maity ever gets any water this season that jon boat would be perfect to get away from the crowds. Happy fishing.

It's about the same as a coleman squareback canoe, 113lbs I think......Its a 14' wide bottom. The 12' regualar width are listed on the Tracker site at just 87lbs!

Josh

Good luck with the tinners guys. They make WAY too much noise for me. After 10 years of "drifting" that water it has taught me ALOT. My dad always used to tell me that it is alot harder to catch spooked fish than it is to become "one" with their environment.

Sometimes running the same water over and over has made me think I know what to do but then the fish and the river teach me another lesson. It's definitely not as easy as it looks.

I'm going to miss Thorn for the next week or so. Trashed the trolling motor on the last run and she is off for repairs. With this incoming storm tactics will have to change and I've got to check out a College Saturday for my baby girl so the fish will get a short rest from my harassment.

Josh are you the guy running the Go Devil or the guy we traded drifts with running the pins?

Stick

DSC00287cropped.jpg

Stick
Josh is the fellow we seen last time i seen you. As for noise, not sure about that if it is a polyurethane model, I just need to find something for the wife and i that is light enough to enjoy a fish or just a peaceful float in all seasons. Pretty worn out today, been at it for 4 days, too much walking to find fish but i did find some. I know it is alot of work drifting a boat too, i had the privilege to meet Thorn, a trip i will always remember for sure. Hope she heals well, rain should help if we get any decent amounts. Met another old timer today at the farm, 73 years young. Always nice to stop and listen to all their stories of fishing for steel. Another person was out for a walk and just so happens to be a man that use to kick everyone off his property, I shot the breeze with him and guess what, I have permission and we are even going to cut some lumber that is in the way in two great looking undercuts that is pretty much unfishable until the lumber is cut. Now i have access to both sides of that concession, going to fish the NEW side Saturday. Just goes to show that if you show respect and talk nice you can always find new waters and not have to worry about getting kicked out. He even wants to learn himself to float fish, he watched me for a few drifts and was marvelled at how a float can get into those tight places and than all of a sudden all heck breaks loose with 8 pounds of steel, it was priceless and i look forward to showing him on his own land,lol. see you soon brother, get Thorn some TLC and hang on:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks