Off Topic Boat Insurance

I have mine through Economical on house policy. Pay $353 for 2005 Starcraft with value at $17,000 for boat, motor, kicker and accessories

North Star ins. In Barrie. Hands down.
Well sense we are all giving details as to the value. I pay 650. For a Lund 2075 I get total replacement cost of 85k. For the first 5 hrs. No depression. It is covered all year. If it is stolen. I get 100% replacement no matter how old it is.

I pay 800 to cover my boat worth about 22000 25 foot Searay. Some marina require proof of insurance. I needed a tow a week ago and someone offered a tow for 700 $ from inner long point bay to Marina Shores. He stated that my insurance would cover the tow. I believe my policy does not cover tows for mechanical breakdowns. I wonder if I could add a rider to my policy for that type of towing. Some good samaritan towed me in and wont take any money. After all that I have decided to have a suitable hookup for towing other disabled boaters. What is a good towing hookup ? A loop to both kleats ?

Ive got quotes from 4 companies in the last couple weeks for an 18k boat ranging from 430/yr to 550/yr so there really isn't a huge difference.

3 of the 4 offer no layup period (boat covered on water all year) so it appears common. Costs about 15-20% more for all year.

Northstar seems to offer the most coverage for the money.

Hi Humper- It was actually my dealership\ owner of Maple City Marine- Rob Rule- that told me to try Portside Marine Ins. Great people at both ends! Maple City being my go too out of Chatham On. Anyone interested in a Lund see Rob or my guy- Paul Hutson. For Ins.- call Portside and ask for Kymberly Brown. Thanks Walleyeman.

April marine had the best price for our boat. Always read the fine print with insurance companies..... mandatory to have for some applications but they hire 6 figure punes to find ways Not to pay you if something happens. Good luck!

I pay $515.00 for a 2008 1860 Ranger valued at $33,000.00 with a $500 deductable,when it was a commercial vessel $925.Pilot Insurance.

does your home owner insurance cover the trailer mine doesnt
Yes it does. They're all covered seperate. I don't know the exact numbers off hand but it's like the boat is insured for $7000. Motor $2000 and trailer $1000. There's a $500 deductible for each piece. And fishing equipment is covered under my house content insurance.

I use Nautimax through Aviva, I pay 450. For a 16 ft. Lund Rebelss. I get total replacement cost of 18k, which was the price I paid for as new. There is no depreciation , but you have to stipulate this when shopping for the insurance. It is covered all year.

HI Arnie .I insured with North Star in Barrie.650 for the Gray White valued at 60000.My local broker couldn't find insurance said only Premier Marine was available and I wasn't interested in them as years ago after my sailboat got hit by lightning they refused to honour the policy.Long story.So far happy with North Star.Trimaran is insured with Aviva .The broker in Barrie was very helpful.

I agree Portside was great to work with and lowered my insurance by $350 a year. I pay $50/year for my new Crestliner valued at $52 K.

Just got a quote from them today and it was $100/year cheaper than anyone else.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks