Boat Carpet?

zxninja

Anyone know where I can get some good quality boat carpet? Looking for 16 or 20oz rubber backing toupe color. I have looked all over the place and am stumped. No one wants to ship to Canada. Checked out HD and Lowes, but I am not happy with their outdoor stuff. Any suggestions?

can't think of the name but the carpet store on tillson ave in tilsonburg has some really nice marine carpet it is nicer than what comes in boats I think. it's way to late hope some one can fill in the name for me cause I cant remember LOL

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

Try calling Bert at Converta-Boat International.
(519)688-7771
94 Jackson Sdrd, Tillsonburg
He’ll know where to get the stuff you’re looking for; he may even have remnants from some of his larger jobs laying around.
My sister inlaw works for him; is how I know of him.

Dan.

I saw an ad in today's paper from Len's Mill in London. They advertised marine grade vinyl. They may also have marine carpet there.

WR

I'm not sure about carpet but for vinyl, don't waste your hard earned $ at Len's Mills. All of the upholsterers shop at Dickert's Upholstery Supplies in London. 1-800-265-1000.Good marine vinyl retails at about $29 to $45 per yard and anyone can buy there wholesale at $19.95. The person that is doing my seats sent me there. I would suggest you go to Mills first and get a small sample of there product and then compare to Dickerts. They also have about 100 more colours to choose from. My two cents, hope it helps.

Hey. I redid my floor a couple of winters ago. I just asked for "outdoor carpet" at a local flooring/carpet place here in Stratford. I was surprised to be offered so many options, in a variety of colours too. He also had some "seconds" that were perfect for in a fishing boat. And much cheaper too. I would think though with a foam backing on the carpet that it would retain water?? Anyway, I installed a new plywood floor, over which I applied roofing "ice & water shield, then glued down the carpet over that. It looks great and has held up great. No water touches the wooden floor either. It all runs to the back to be bilged out. I chose brown carpet, to hide any dried blood. That was a wise decision on my part. :D

Good luck.

Thanks for all the help. I found someone local who happened to have a storage building packed with all sorts of carpet. After going and taking a look, I found two rolls about 10' wide of rubber backed UV stabilized auto/marine carpet. She has a light gray and beige. I have to wait for them to pull it off their shelves, looks to be a few hundred feet of the stuff. I will be heading down there on Sat. to look at it once it is on the floor. I will let you know how I made out and how much is there in case anyone else is interested.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks