Blind Recommendation

JayTF1

Hi there; new to the sport and fairy excited to have discovered long point waterfowling. From what I've read so far, it seems like all the folks involved are top notch. Great work!

I'm looking for a recommendation to reserve a blind this fall that supports waders and\or a canoe with a troller. The canoe will need to be hidden after setup (bright blue) Without previewing beforehand, I was thinking #20

Thanks for any insight!

Thanks Tom. We are looking into some painting options.

Let's pretend the canoe doesn't get painted. What are a few ideal spots where we travel and retrieve by canoe, but keep it covered under camouflage on a bank while hunting? I understand that time of year and conditions play a factor.

buy a roll of burlap from tsc and put it over the canoe and hide it in the weeds a little ways from the blind you pick. The canoe can get you almost anywhere depending on how much time you want to take (my brother once paddled solo from the howdy ave launch all the way to 18) and how long you can run the motor for. Best bet is to look at the unit map and go down in late aug and go for a paddle. Guys have gone to 35, 20, 13, 15, 14, 10 and a couple others with a canoe. Also a reservation could qualify you for a walkout blind. Good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks