Big Creek Conditions???

rock34

Anyone know what the conditions of Big Creek are this week? I think there was some rain in that area earlier this week.....Correct?

Heres the link for the flow charts. Might give you an idea of the creeks at least.

http://www.wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/text_search/search_e.html

halloween09.jpg

Thanks man. I have that link. My problem is that I dont typically fish that river so I have no benchmark on fishable levels or any idea of what clarity is like at different levels.

Huron tribs are on fire.

Stick

Prepare for every outing as if it were a military mission. Play every fish like you were dancing with the prettiest woman in the room!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ KERSPLASH!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

Stick, very true based on the day I had today as opposed to yesterday:(.

Regards
KJ

" Never mind if the horses are blind, just load the damn wagon"

I dont know if I should take you guys serious or if your trying to chase me off....lol.

Thanks, I think .....

Rock34- It's true, not sendng you on a wild goose chase.

Regards
KJ

Thanks for your help guys. I made it out and had a great day, which unfortunetly didnt involve catching too many fish.....but does that part really matter?

Thanks again!

quote:
Originally posted by rock34
Thanks for your help guys. I made it out and had a great day, which unfortunetly didnt involve catching too many fish.....but does that part really matter?Thanks again!

Not really thing is you got out and tried anyway :)

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

quote:
Originally posted by rock34

Thanks for your help guys. I made it out and had a great day, which unfortunetly didnt involve catching too many fish.....but does that part really matter?

Thanks again!

It's never a bad thing to get outside, make a few drifts and if you find fish, all the better.I know too many guys who can no longer leave footprints along the creeks like they used to, due to all sorts of health issues. So get out as much as you can, while you can.

Regards
KJ

"It's never a bad thing to get outside, make a few drifts and if you find fish, all the better.I know too many guys who can no longer leave footprints along the creeks like they used to, due to all sorts of health issues. So get out as much as you can, while you can."

Amen Brother Ken. Amen!

rock34. A long time ago I had a really hard day up on the Saugeen. Water was high and very dirty and I pounded the hell out of some very good looking water with nothing but tons of snags. After a long rest after walking up a very steep and slippery bank I met an older gentleman who'd come up the same way carrying 2 beautiful chromers for his supper. After a little chat he spoke these words that have stuck in my head for 25 years or more. He said "come to fish the waters you love....... and fish them well, the fish you get are just a bonus"

Stick

All I ask from livin' is to have no chains on me!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

I couldn’t agree more with all of you. When I said "does that really matter"? it was more of a rhetorical question. To me it doesn’t matter at all. I had an absolutely beautiful day and am reenergized because of it on this Monday morning.

thanks guys.

Just to save anyone some fuel money, she went to mud this morning from the rain earlier in the week. About 2" vis as of right now and not likely to get better as she is still climbing here.

Stick

All I ask from livin' is to have no chains on me!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

fished farther east today with a friend managed 2 chrome.water was decent compared to other creeks we passed over.

Hey all.
Rather than start a bew thread I thought I would jusr revive this one....

With the day off Thursday and no thaw coming I was wondering if there is any fishable rivers around that arent frozen??

Feel free to msg or e-mail me.
just looking for one last 2011 trip for what has been a poor fall for me personally fish wise.

Happy Holidays all!

quote:
Originally posted by NetnLargies

Hey,

The Grand River is not frozen, definatley sections are iced over.

Chad

Thanks Chad. thats helpful.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks