Bay ice?

karpfarmer

Just wondered whether there was fish able ice anywhere that anyone has tried? Noticed there was guys on Mitchell's bay on LSC and it's been fairly cold.

A week after those two egocentric duck commandos 911’d to be bailed out. At least 40 responders, 20 to 30 vehicles and two watercraft showed up in -4c temps and 40 k. winds with ice forming to send 4 or 5 men whose duty was to put their selves in jeopardy to save the duck hunters sorry asses. There were two guys out sledding on the Bay here at Booth’s yesterday. Go figure. The Inner Bay is all frozen , I think there is a wet spot at Big Creek.

Yo karpfarmer; Just got back from skating after the dog saw that there is a guy out about 1/4 mile or so out from the St Williams light. Looks like it's started, hope it's a safe one

A week after those two egocentric duck commandos 911’d to be bailed out. At least 40 responders, 20 to 30 vehicles and two watercraft showed up in -4c temps and 40 k. winds with ice forming to send 4 or 5 men whose duty was to put their selves in jeopardy to save the duck hunters sorry asses. There were two guys out sledding on the Bay here at Booth’s yesterday. Go figure. The Inner Bay is all frozen , I think there is a wet spot at Big Creek.
give your head a shake about the duck hunters

Maybe that was you out there making all those mistakes. My thinking is just fine. Certainly don't need your help. What's your thinking? Leave the idiots out there?

Maybe that was you out there making all those mistakes. My thinking is just fine. Certainly don't need your help. What's your thinking? Leave the idiots out there?
they did nothing wrong there were lots of boats out and I was one..the rescue boat could of launched at TP NO ICE plus they have docks still.people get rescued all the time motors do break down you know

Last edited:
Maybe there is a certain someone still floating out at ec6 on an air mattress that could help out people in distress......:eek:

Has anyone been out to test the ice?
Has the ice moved with this wind?
Larry, in the first picture far right was that the guy fishing out there?

Yo Fishfarmer; I haven't checked the ice other than walking along the shore here. My observation was that the Bay froze over Quickly without a lot of wind pushing it around and it is iced completely. The wind that changed the levels yesterday didn't seem to affect it. Two guys out yesterday again and two different guys today. I tried to take a picture of the guys yesterday but you couldn't make them out through the trees. No guys in picts as they were more west out from the lighthouse at St Williams. The guys today are directly out front of Booth's West Channel 1/4 - 1/2 mile.

Yo EV : Open water at EC 5 & 6 and part way to EC8. Can't see a lastman floating though. That would likely be an orange coloured, emergency mattress and they are easy to spot.

Might head onto the bay off St. Williams tommorow morning at 6am. Hows the ice over there anybody know? 6 inches or less? not even?

Might head onto the bay off St. Williams tommorow morning at 6am. Hows the ice over there anybody know? 6 inches or less? not even?
If you do get out, be careful, take a spud, watch the wind direction, north wind watch out.
Watch for weedy spots in the ice, you could go for a swim.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks