Auger/Perch Fishing!

lookin4fish

So I head down to Old Cut with Rotten Ronnies minnows and take Jimmy's ice taxi service out. All is great, I set up the hut while I let my 7 year old boy put together the ice auger. I drill two holes then as I break throught I see the bottom half fall off and naturally it sinks to the bottom! [:(!] I guess I should have checked that it was fastened properly. lol So the water was murky today of all days and after many attempts and a frozen right arm I gave up and fished. The bite was steady all day (fished from 10:30-3:15) managed 30 with 5 decent ones (all caught and released) Then Jimmy came by and was kind enough to help me try to retrieve my half auger. Without a giant magnet it was useless! Thanks for trying anyway Jimmy :) All in all it was a great day and nice weather and plenty of ice out there still. Good luck fellow anglers!

By the way, I have a top half of an auger for sale! Used twice! ;)

AHHH The Fishin Life!

Thanks, but no it was just a manual auger and I just bought it 2 weeks ago. Oh well lesson learned!

AHHH The Fishin Life!

Thats a bummer about your auger but it will be a memory to reminisce
later on with your son. We were also out of the Cut with limited success - fished out towards EC 10. Met a member from the board fishergirl - very nice to meet you.

Likewise mr wfw! Mr.R and I appreciated the use of your friend's hut...hope to see you out there again soon!

how did you and mr r. makeout? hopefully he got more than he did last week in the north.

quote:
Originally posted by lookin4fish

So I head down to Old Cut with Rotten Ronnies minnows and take Jimmy's ice taxi service out. All is great, I set up the hut while I let my 7 year old boy put together the ice auger. I drill two holes then as I break throught I see the bottom half fall off and naturally it sinks to the bottom! [:(!] I guess I should have checked that it was fastened properly. lol So the water was murky today of all days and after many attempts and a frozen right arm I gave up and fished. The bite was steady all day (fished from 10:30-3:15) managed 30 with 5 decent ones (all caught and released) Then Jimmy came by and was kind enough to help me try to retrieve my half auger. Without a giant magnet it was useless! Thanks for trying anyway Jimmy :) All in all it was a great day and nice weather and plenty of ice out there still. Good luck fellow anglers!

By the way, I have a top half of an auger for sale! Used twice! ;)

AHHH The Fishin Life!

You did'nt happen to mark it with a gps did you?

No Wollfy I didnt have my GPS with me :( If the water had of been clear that day I would of been able to retrieve it. I usually bring it but because I was only about .8 of a km out I didnt.

AHHH The Fishin Life!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks