Any birds left ?

Old Cut LongPointer

I heard there was lots of geese still hanging around, too bad the seasons closed on them. Not much heard about ducks ?

well you still have this afternoon and tomorrow to go I was at nanticoke on sat there were hundreds around. too bad they did not come in to the decoys. I think it would have been better if they could see the coys though.really foggy vis was about 45 yrds.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

There is a quite bit of geese along the Grand near Kitchener and Conestogo areas. Some mallards and occasional Common mergensers, the white ones. But they are within city limit, lol. It will be another 8 and half months before the duck season opens. Geese opens for a couple of weeks in Jan or Feb in that area. I am not sure. Will check the CWS hunting schedule. Oh, well, it is off to work to pass the time, eh?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought the season ended on Jan 9th for ducks [Black Ducks Dec.20th and Geese Dec. 29th] for Sunday Hunting areas such as Norfolk County ?

No Sunday Hunting areas was ducks and geese Jan. 8th ??

Great ! Well at least there won't be a big line up at the Unit ! LoL ! I'm guesiing all the blinds are classed as Walk-Ins ? A half dozen Mallard dekes and a stick of dynomite to blow a hole in the ice and I'm in business ? LoL !

Just kidding ! I like my ice in a glass with some of that Scottish de-icing fluid from Islay ! Aye ! Liquid dy-no-mite !!!

My brother says they won't let you shoot off Turkey Point beach anymore ? At least the Prov. Park area but what if you go east on the beach towards Normandale ? I don't recall reading anything about the Hahn Unit being off limits ? Suppose one could always do a float-shoot down Big Creek ?

Oh well....the "Fat Lady" will be a singin come Sunday sundown.

Mallards and lake ducks along the lake shore. My last hunt was yesterday. Tough to hunt given that there was an ice flow all along to the right of me. And a couple ducks had enough life left to get into that flow before they died.... right where the dog can't get them. [:(!]

Bluebills, buffies, and goldeneyes are on the menu today.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks