a Morning on the Maitland (Goderich)

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Spend Nov 29th 2010 up in Goderich a beautiful day to be outside.
Fished till noon with no luck but caught myself a nice tan instead8D
Was hoping to fish the Bayfield River also on the way up but early
bird gets the worm and i was left wormless. Took some pictures of
the area and found myself a cozy spot to cast.
PB290968.jpg
[/img]
View of river mouth/ lake from top of hill
PB290969.jpg
[/img]
Let's get Fishing!!
PB290970.jpg
[/img]
Another perfect looking run
PB290971.jpg
[/img]
Surely there's gotta be one left for me in this run/hole even though it was fished hard

Fished only a few hours but cant wait for the next outing to the town
where Erich is God Anytime outside is great, fish or no fish.
Gettin paid to fish- Loving Retirement 8D

RED FISH

Anytime outside is great, fish or no fish.
Loving Retirement You had a pretty day too---some nice pics there. Havent been up there in a loooong time.

Yup retirement is great!!!!!

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

I'll be joining you guys in that time-honoured profession in 32 workin' days ...but who's counting!;)

Fishin' is always great,...,it's the catchin' that's the problem.

WR

packrat,it was my first time up to Goderich this Fall,and I have fished this river a lot,since the early 1980`s.The Bayfield River is my 2nd choice for fishing,if it is not too crowded,it is a lot smaller of a river than the Maitland,so it can be hard to find some elbow room at times.Retirement gives me time to fish through the week,instead of just the weekend`s.8DTight Lines..Erich

RED FISH

wildeye rainbow,since you will be retiring soon,the catching problem will be no more,now that you will have more time to pursue your passion.Enjoy your Retirement when it arrives,it is the Best.8DSharp Hooks..Erich

RED FISH

RedHerring...Nice pictures! glad you had a nice time on the maitland. I've been at the mouth of the Bayfield river three times in the last month. Lucky enough to catch a 23 inch rainbow. Again, thanks for sharing your day through words and pictures. Huron.

No problem Huron,and congratulations on your 23 inch rainbow that you caught on the Bayfield River.The Maitland River is a huge river to fish,lot`s of spots that the fish can be at,but once you can get a chance to hook one,they can put on quite a display.I will be going North again soon,once this water level drops(after the rain we just had),gets back to the level,that I like to fish it.Good Luck on your Future outings.8D..Erich

RED FISH

Beauty pictures.
I was out a few days ago with no luck catching. To be honest though I feel refreshed since being out....the fresh cold air and the solitude is really the best part.

rock34,the outdoors is the best medicine for you.I always feel like a million,when I get back home.I also get the best sleep that night,after a day on the river.I am looking forward to my next outing.Sharp Hooks & Tight Lines.8D..Erich

RED FISH

nice pics,see your fishing some of my favourite runs:)been too busy fishing stateside to even get up there yet and now the weather has gone for a big crap,hopefully will get a day in before the end of the month;)

bassnutt,it was my first time out that day(Nov.29/10)up in Goderich,(I have been fishing for Bass & Pike a lot,with the Boat,up until Nov.23/10),and I have to admit that I was a little bit rusty.Arriving later in the morning[V]to some of my spot`s that I like to fish,(which have already been fished hard),did not help me much.(my fault),also trying to get used to using a 12 foot fishing rod,compared to my usual Bass & Pike fishing rods,(smaller in lenght)was a bit of a challenge to me again,O.K.,that is enough excuses for me:),the last few day`s,I have been trying to figure out,should I put the Steelhead Tackle away,before the season shut`s down,above the Highway #21 Bridge,or just prepare myself more for the hard water season,which could come in fast,by looking at the long range forecast,which is predicting much colder weather,decisions,decisions.(I am glad that I only Hunt for Fish,or I would be in a real bind-;)).Hopefully,like yourself,there should be at least a trip or 2,left before the end of this month.8DGood Luck,if you get a chance to get out.

RED FISH

still bassin8D,my b-boat is long put away,nothin but steel now:)gettin used to a 12ft rod is nothin,try useing a 15 footer,lol.don't be puttin that steel stuff away yet,hell things are just startin now:D:D

Well folks, as of yesterday the Maitland was still open and fishable, but there is a heck of a lot of snow everywhere. And it is very cold, and getting colder so get out very soon. Ever try fishing a little farther north on the Nine Mile at Port Albert?? Very small river, but often loaded with chromers. That is if you don't mind some close company. Those retirees have the advantage of fishing mid week, which is a big benefit especially on these smaller streams. I grew up on the Maitland, so I've grown accustomed to the peace and solitude of the expanse of a big river. (note the above; the peace and solitude thingy, I'd like to sort of aplogize (not really) for throwng buddies cell phone in the drink, and it's OK to come back and play now, I've calmed down since the spring.;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks