.17 Bmag

Magnum 3

Back when the Bmag was first introduced , I read about different problems with this particular gun ( besides the lack of ammo ) . So I have been trying to get some kind of update because I see more ammo starting to become available . I did read that some people swapped out the factory synthetic stock for a Boyd's and accuracy improved . But what about some of the other problems ? Has the mag become easier to load into the gun , does a stainless or heavy barrel or even the laminate model make any difference with accuracy , is cycling loads any easier or have most people just given up and went back to say an .17 HMR instead . I see Savage has released the new B series , but I thought I saw that one article included a new WSM model and the other article only mentions .22Lr , .22 Mag and .17 HMR . If the second is true and there isn't a WSM included , does anyone know if the new Bmags are better . I actually also saw one stock on an older model that looked like it had a crack running along the side of the stock , which the owner said was from the synthetic stock starting to bulge . There have been other issues mentioned , but I had just stopped looking as , most of these articles or threads on forums were already a couple years old and I couldn't find much in the way of new stuff to follow up on . Thoughts ?

ya Magnum..ya know whats been the growing trend for the next best rifles....besides the specialty manufacturers coming out with the lightest and most accurate magnum hunting rifles with 1/2 moa accuracy...and with these blistering hot new calibres like the noslers 26 28 and 30...then weatherby comes out with the redhot 6.5-300 with incredible velocity..It would be a dream come true for me to go down to the range and shoot them out of a fierce CT edge..and a Wbee Mark V ultralight...for starters....the americans are so lucky to have access to the best rifles in the world and they can go down to there local gun shop and shoulder these beautys...makes me so envy I am jealous...I love to shoot magnum guns...I joined army cadets when I was a kid just to be able to shoot and shoot and shoot...ya those were .303 british army rifles scaled down to .22s...lol..the biggest we were shooting was a big calibre machine gun set up on a tri-pod..now that was fun...even thou we were shootin blanks with mandatory ear protection...ya I went on to learn how to tear a rifle apart and put it back together.. very quickly

Ok this is the hotest trend and it will last until my last breath ...these tactical ARs are hot and there not just for shooters..there is a growing trend for hunters and it has caught on quick...these gun shops can"t keep some of the lighter calibres on the shelf...our dollar is also gaining buying power..I look at it this way buying premium quality in a rifle is an investment that it will retain and gain value in time. And that is a fact. even my cheap entry level rifles tika and thompson centre ML I bought several years ago are worth double today. back then I put together 2 scoped rifles for a $1000 each...today the tika rifle only is over $1200. I figure in a years time I will be ready to buy something nice to own and shoot...I want a 300 win mag in a tactical performance rifle with 1/2 moa accuracy with a muzzle break suppressor...so its enjoyable to shoot with less recoil and deadly accurate ..i figure for factory line $3000 plus the price of a nice scope..not the cheaper china glass either...we all know that to retain the rifles accuracy is to not let the barrel heat up and continue to shoot...yes let it cool down between shots...new technology has addressed this with a few of the higher end performance rifles...where you can get 8 shots instead of 4 ..ya now we can burn 3 to 4 bucks a shot twice as fast...I am sure the animals won't be impressed with that..maybe that might get you on target magnum...I had enough of the garage sale old rifles, there is luxury out there and we all deserve the oppurtunity to own some of the finest rifles of today...something to be proud to own and fun to shoot...and there is no feeling like it...

Last edited:
ya Magnum..ya know whats been the growing trend for the next best rifles....besides the specialty manufacturers coming out with the lightest and most accurate magnum hunting rifles with 1/2 moa accuracy...and with these blistering hot new calibres like the noslers 26 28 and 30...then weatherby comes out with the redhot 6.5-300 with incredible velocity..It would be a dream come true for me to go down to the range and shoot them out of a fierce CT edge..and a Wbee Mark V ultralight...for starters....the americans are so lucky to have access to the best rifles in the world and they can go down to there local gun shop and shoulder these beautys...makes me so envy I am jealous...I love to shoot magnum guns...I joined army cadets when I was a kid just to be able to shoot and shoot and shoot...ya those were .303 british army rifles scaled down to .22s...lol..the biggest we were shooting was a big calibre machine gun set up on a tri-pod..now that was fun...even thou we were shootin blanks with mandatory ear protection...ya I went on to learn how to tear a rifle apart and put it back together.. very quickly

Ok this is the hotest trend and it will last until my last breath ...these tactical ARs are hot and there not just for shooters..there is a growing trend for hunters and it has caught on quick...these gun shops can"t keep some of the lighter calibres on the shelf...our dollar is also gaining buying power..I look at it this way buying premium quality in a rifle is an investment that it will retain and gain value in time. And that is a fact. even my cheap entry level rifles tika and thompson centre ML I bought several years ago are worth double today. back then I put together 2 scoped rifles for a $1000 each...today the tika rifle only is over $1200. I figure in a years time I will be ready to buy something nice to own and shoot...I want a 300 win mag in a tactical performance rifle with 1/2 moa accuracy with a muzzle break suppressor...so its enjoyable to shoot with less recoil and deadly accurate ..i figure for factory line $3000 plus the price of a nice scope..not the cheaper china glass either...we all know that to retain the rifles accuracy is to not let the barrel heat up and continue to shoot...yes let it cool down between shots...new technology has addressed this with a few of the higher end performance rifles...where you can get 8 shots instead of 4 ..ya now we can burn 3 to 4 bucks a shot twice as fast...I am sure the animals won't be impressed with that..maybe that might get you on target magnum...I had enough of the garage sale old rifles, there is luxury out there and we all deserve the oppurtunity to own some of the finest rifles of today...something to be proud to own and fun to shoot...and there is no feeling like it...
Mick . That's deep man . And well thought out . As I look thru what I own , I haven't made too many bad choices either . That's probably why I asked the question . I since found an article that is newer and answered a couple of things . I have been mulling this Bmag and the .17 Hornet around for a couple years now and had actually seen a deal on a newer Bmag . Still not 100% convinced on either . At this point , It feels more like a want than a need . Just like a 16 gauge and a .410 , when I have 12's and 20's that can do the same for cheaper , when I look at the cost and amount of ammo around for them . On a better note , that old single .22 LR that was given to me ... Couldn't take it anymore . I got it half way cleaned up and the bore looking pretty good (still more to do ). Took it out last night a put about 30 shots thru it . Holy crap ! It actually shoots pretty good for a gun with just iron sights and elevation settings . And to think it was headed to the recycling yard .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks