Search results

1. Woodsman

Off Topic Sled

I have a 2018 Ski-Doo Tundra LT 550F. Bought for icefishing. Excellent for breaking trails into back lakes.
  2. Woodsman

lake temagami 30 pound lake trout

I suspect much older than that.
  3. Woodsman

Off Topic- Generator's

I have 3 generators that I can use in a pinch. I plan on moving north in a few years. There I will have an automatic generator set up to run off propane or natural gas if available. Power goes out and it will start automatically.
  4. Woodsman

Anyone out of st williams offering taxi service?

I'll bet insurance isn't cheap. Without it you could lose everything you own. Oh and an actual business to get the insurance.
  5. Woodsman

Can anyone identify this fingerling?

Size also seems to confirm smelt.
  6. Woodsman

Can anyone identify this fingerling?

It very well could be a rainbow smelt. Tail looks right. Roughly how long was it?
  7. Woodsman

parking @st.williams

What was the ticket for? When(year)? Act and Section/sub section? Tickets don't prove nothing as far as legal. Many tickets get thrown out due to the charges are not correct. Did you fight it or just pay it?
  8. Woodsman

So let me get this straight

I'm still getting plastic bags at some places.
  9. Woodsman

parking @st.williams

"partly correct"? What part of my statement was incorrect? I never said an add a seat was legal under the HTA. But under the ORVA they are quite legal to carry passengers. Trick is to know where each Act applies. Basically if on a road (even crossing a road) the HTA applies. Off road it's the...
  10. Woodsman

parking @st.williams

You are almost completely wrong about ATV's. Yes there are legal 2-Ups, it changed a few years back under the HTA. Never was a problem under the ORVA. Hell even "add a seats" are fine under the ORVA.
  11. Woodsman

Off Topic FYI Zehrs Brisket

Damn good price.
  12. Woodsman

What 3 words app.

Accuracy can and will vary due to location and towers available. Many times it is quite vague. One tower will not be no where as accurate as reception from multiple towers. In a city it will be far more accurate then in the countryside and in more remote area's with reception on one tower it...
  13. Woodsman

What 3 words app.

Accuracy will vary for many reasons. It depends on the current satellites available at the given time. Many of these satellites are not stationary in the sky but are moving targets. Add in cloud cover and terrain interruptions. Individual receivers (IE phones or GPS's) also vary in capabilities.
  14. Woodsman

Fanshawe Lake—Monday,January 11/21

I have ice fished Wildwood numerous times and do agree water levels on these reservoirs can fluctuate with weather conditions or Upper Thames's decisions on controlling lake levels and river flows. I had a good insight into the lakes conditions as I drove across the dam or back causeways 10 +...
  15. Woodsman

Stay at home order

Allowed to go out to exercise. It's called sport fishing. Sports are exercise.
  16. Woodsman

Thames River Walleye question

Josh I thought I corrected that part. Edit didn't take. It was meant to be any fish.
  17. Woodsman

Thames River Walleye question

Highly unlikely that any eyes would get over the Thamesford dam. Definitely eyes in the Thames north of London up to St. Marys. Years back adults were stocked in the Thames at Plover Mills Rd. Not sure if it's still being done. This is how they are in Fanshawe.
  18. Woodsman

Fishing Report Introduction

If you plan on trolling the deeper waters make sure your rod holders are strong enough to handle dipseys.
  19. Woodsman

Lockdown

Far from the last time. Last time they shutdown the auto parts factory I work at. Now we are essential workers. There was no way Ford would venture in shutting down the auto industry.
  20. Woodsman

Off Topic Any gift ideas for the wife of an avid fisherman?

A credit card. She'll leave you alone to go fishing when you want as long as the card still works.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks