Search results

1. C

Hastings' Perch

LMAO!! Greedy perch---->Greedy fishermen. 8D
  2. C

Hastings' Perch

Hmm, I wonder if Big Dave has been dumping this stuff off of the Beach: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324432004578304281266453790.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
  3. C

st williams sunday

And, exactly what is your point ch312? That you have the right to park on someone else's property for free?
  4. C

Any ice at St. Williams yet?

If there was ice yesterday, it will be gone today as the wind's been blowing 30-50 kph outta the SW since last nite.
  5. C

sewer outflow fishing+big coyote

I sent the photos to a friend of mine who is the former Fur-bearer Biologist in NB. His response was: "I wouldn't say it's a pure coyote, but it looks to have some coyote traits, so quite possibly a hybrid."
  6. C

Removal of Eagles Nest

That'll work, too -- just try to avoid all the ducks and geese. ;)
  7. C

Removal of Eagles Nest

Fully covered with a minimum of 6" everywhere. Perch are biting like crazy and all are 10" or better.
  8. C

Removal of Eagles Nest

Darn well said on all counts, Jlund1. Unfortunately, all that these monstrosities will provde to us and future generations is higher energy costs and a huge Provincial debt. They actually lead to higher, not lower, emissions of "greenhouse gasses". The only things "green" about the Green...
  9. C

sewer outflow fishing+big coyote

I agree with Jammer -- that's not a pure eastern coyote as the fur is too light, the face too broad, and the bone structure to massive.
  10. C

Safe ice on the bay

They've just dredged the channel from Marina Shores to out past Sandboy Marina.
  11. C

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, Dave!
  12. C

Down with old crows against change

I'm surprised that such a brilliant grammarian as you, BB, doesn't know that OCLP was "implying" -- you did the "inferring". :D
  13. C

Down with old crows against change

Old Cut LongPointer -- you wrote: "Well one oldtimer notced that with all the traffic down on the Point on a long weekend the water went up 6 inches in his boathouse." It's been a long time since I had a physics course, so I'm wondering if you could explain how traffic on the Point causes the...
  14. C

readers vs typers

quote: Originally posted by bigdog Also, after I read posts like the one about board trollers, I feel like I could be a rocket scientist or brain surgeon or maybe royalty. bd Darn well said, bigdog!8D
  15. C

LPWA Crown Marsh Rehab Funding

As some will know, when the LPWMU was set-up in 1961, water levels were very low -- much lower than now. So Lands and Forests created a bunch of ponds, but they didn't use dynamite, they used the old standby: Fertilizer and diesel. Many of those (rectangular) ponds are still holding water...
  16. C

LPWA Crown Marsh Rehab Funding

Duck Soup is right that Roundup, Rodeo, etc., are not approved for use over water in Canada. Even if they were, using a dozer, although more expensive in the short term, is a better approach because it not only removes the phrags, it instantly creates new open water habitat. Spraying has to...
  17. C

A few recent Steelhead trips........

Lots of great photos of catchin' trout, but in my world that's only half the story and half the fun. Here's the other half:
  18. C

"For those who understand....

Some time ago there was discussion about what is meant by my signature line "For those who understand, no explanation is needed and for those who do not, none is possible" I've not seen / heard a better example than this -- on CBC of all places...
  19. C

Long Point Causeway Project

Yes, Sonny, the Redhead and Sprig hunting has been very good:
  20. C

Long Point Causeway Project

There's been a culvert there for a long time, but it was 18" in diameter and always plugged. You could fish / set decoys in that location before, so I can't imagine why that would change just because there's a ( much ) larger culvert. I expect that there will be a lot of pike moving thru it...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks