Search results

1. Corey06

Burwell Fishing Report Sept 9

Great day of fishing out of Burwell today. Has a late start by the time we dropped my little guy off and Grandma and Grandpas. Thanks to hvyhaul and his report from yesterday I decided to make a quick stop in 36’ of water to check things out and was shocked to see such action on the fish...
  2. Corey06

Burwell Aug5

Headed out with the wife this morning, a bit of a late start as we had the Mother In-law come watch our son. Headed out to 57’ of water just West of Burwell. Was a bit rougher than we were expecting but had the lines in the water by 9:15 and had our two man limit by 10:45. Dipsy diver set on...
  3. Corey06

Missing Fishermen Port Burwell

Just sharing a post from Big Otter Marina on a missing fishermen out of Port Burwell that never made it back to the dock last night.
  4. Corey06

Burwell July 16

Finally got the boat to the dock last night in Burwell and headed out for the first time this morning. Lines in the water by 8:40am and all finished up by noon with our two man limit of eyes. Fished just slightly West of port, 41- 45 feet of water, dipsy set on #3 back 80 - 90’ and 4 - 5...
  5. Corey06

Penn Warfare Reel

Does anyone have any experience with the Penn Warfare reel? I was looking to get a few for my dipsy diver set ups. I had ordered 3 Penn Warfare reals in the size 30, unfortunately when I received them I was sent the wrong model as they did not come with line counters. The company was going to...
  6. Corey06

Port Burwell Walleye Tournament

Who’s all planning on going in the walleye tournament this Saturday? Was thinking about checking it out but can’t seem to find much info other the registration time and weigh in etc. not sure if there are any rules posted anywhere? Weather doesn’t look too bad as of right now.
  7. Corey06

Burwell July 15

Had lines in the water by 5:30pm and were finished with a two man limit by 7:15pm. Started in 45’ of water straight out of port and didn’t get a strike until 6:10pm when we hit 52’. Seemed to be most productive running East and west in 53’ of water. Had everything producing, downrigger down...
  8. Corey06

Downrigger / Leadcore Pole Set Ups

It's about time to re-spool the reels. Right now I have been running 30 pound power pro braid line on my rigger poles and as backing on my leadcore poles with a fluorocarbon leader. I was just wondering if it would be better to continue with the power pro line or have read a lot of people use...
  9. Corey06

Burwell Report and Fish Hawk Probe

Fished out of Burwell this morning and was having a great day, caught a 3 man limit in 2.5 hours in 43- 50' of water. Hot lures today were pink panties, wonderbread, bloody nose and a black and gold rippling red fin on the cheater line of the riggers. 6 color leadcore and downriggers down 25'...
  10. Corey06

Where To Dock - 2018 Season

Just purchased a Striper 2301 WA the other weekend. Do most of my fishing out of Burwell for eyes and perch, but interested in hearing some recommendations where to look at getting a dock for the 2018 season, boat is 24' long so would like to hear where there are some decent docks for...
  11. Corey06

Hastings?

Hey everyone I have the day off work tomorrow and was going to take my dad fishing tomorrow, might be the last time for this year. He wants me to take him to Hastings but I have never been there, I have gps on the boat so I should be able to tell when I'm getting close. What depth of water...
  12. Corey06

Lake Erie Winds?

How where the winds out there today, and was it rough? I wanted to get out fishing this weekend but with looking at the forecast Friday morning it was looking like it was going to be windy so I opted to work this weekend since I only have an 17.5' Princecraft and don't like to get stuck out...
  13. Corey06

Go to lures for Lake Erie walleye

What are some of your guys go to lures/makes of lures for walleye? I was thinking of picking up some new lures but find it hard to know what to choose from since there are so many out there.
  14. Corey06

Storing fish overnight

What are you guys doing with your catch at night after getting in so late? I have read of some people just throwing there catch in the freezer and cleaning it the next day.
  15. Corey06

Go to lures for burwell eyes

What are some off the lures everyone has had the best luck with? Mine have been Greasy chicken wing NASCAR Tequila sunrise Blueberry muffin
  16. Corey06

Newbie set up for walleye

Hey, Last year I kind of messed around with dipsy divers for walleye and had a bit of luck, so I ended up buying a couple more poles and going to get them up with leadcore. I'm not to sure how I should set them up, maybe a couple hundred feet of backing then 5 color and some more braided line...
  17. Corey06

Bass opener inner bay

Headed out with dad this morning to the inner bay for some bass. We hit the water by 5:10 and headed straight to ec10. Threw on our mepps and started trolling caught the odd small one. Once we hit the channel markers we changed our lures, the ticket today was mepps with green on them, trolled...
  18. Corey06

Ramp passes

My father and I have been doing a lot of fishing the last couple of years as he has bought a new fishing boat, usually we just pay the daily fee to use the ramp but it has gotten to the point where it's cheaper just to buy a seasonal pass since we have been heading out a lot when the bite is...
  19. Corey06

Dipsy Diver Size

Hey everyone I am new to the forums but have been checking the fishing reports on here for the past couple years. This year my father and I have been trying to get after them eyes down in Burwell. We don't have down riggers yet but do have dipsy divers and leadcore, what size dipsy divers are...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks