Search results

1. M

Thermacell

I have two of them and though they aren't 100 % effective they definitely do keep most insects at bay.The cheapest place to get them and the refills is at Princess Auto.10 pack refills are $59.99.
  2. M

Poacher caught

https://globalnews.ca/news/4192655/london-man-fined-3000-for-fishing-and-hunting-violations/?utm_source=AM980London&utm_medium=Facebook This story crossed my feed.They don't give the guys name.
  3. M

CO's on the job

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/amherstburg-men-fined-for-catching-too-much-walleye-1.3768420 Good for the MNR to catch these guys!
  4. M

New motor- what to buy

My advice is to go with a 4 stroke.They are much quieter than the two's and you don't need to buy any 2 stroke oil.With the technology in the motors today you can't really go wrong with any make.I had a 90 Optimax on my Lund.It ran awesome,had lots of power and was great on gas and oil.However...
  5. M

Boat\Marine-Insurance.

When I had a 20'Lund Alaskan I insured through Premier and Northbridge.Both had liability,contents,salvage and replacement.When we got a quote from our home insurance they only covered loss of contents(only if stolen).We found that home coverage was the cheapest but gave very little coverage.As...
  6. M

Baitcasting reels with braid/florou leaders

I have one of my baitcasters lined with 20 lb.braid with a three foot leader of 20 lb. flouro.It's a good set up for using rubber baits and pitching top water frogs.I think a lot of fishermen use flouro leaders on most of their rods.The knots are a little tricky to tie though.
  7. M

Adblock message?

Bill try googling how to pause your adblocker.If you are on a Mac and the adblock icon is right next to the search bar just click it and a drop down menu allows pausing.
  8. M

New Jacket

Inflatables are definitely the way to go.If you get an auto-inflatable do not leave it in the boat.My wife's went off on it's own during the week when we were at home and hers was in a storage compartment.I figured it got hot and humid enough in the boat that it melted the powder and discharged...
  9. M

New Bait casting Reel...Line recommendations?

The best way to set up for the first time is to set the the brake fairly tight.Hold your rod at a 45 with a 3/8oz. weight on the line and press the release.Let the weight drop to the ground.Use your thumb to stop the spool if it's dropping too fast.When the weight hits the ground the spool...
  10. M

VHF Radio

Another great feature with DSC(digital select calling)radios is if you know your friends MMSI numbers you can call them direct.When you get called your radio rings like a phone until you key the mic.The call is on ch.70 so it's a private radio call.This way if you are fishing a good spot you can...
  11. M

Boat Ramp ssshhhiiittt?

The funniest thing I was a witness to was a guy with a Sea-doo.His wife backed the trailer down the ramp and he drove the Sea-doo onto the trailer.Without latching to the trailer he yelled to his wife to pull him out.She gunned the truck and as she pulled him out the Sea-doo slid off of the...
  12. M

VHF Radio

You have to have an MMSI if you cross into U.S. waters.My advice is to get one anyway.Why not take full advantage of any technology available to you.If you wire a gps to the radio and have to hit the distress button,your coords will be sent to the coast guard over the radio.They will know who...
  13. M

Shark in Lake Ontario?

If you read the story under the under the video it was a hoax video to promote shark week on Discovery channel.
  14. M

can you tell me the difference between these 2 fish?

The second fish looks like a it could be a Skamania.They're a hybrid Rainbow/Salmon farmed on the U.S. side of Erie.
  15. M

GO CANADA!!

I kind of hope Canada loses in the hopes that the Hunters get the job of picking and coaching Team Canada next year.I would like to see(and I think they do) if they have what takes to win at the international level.As a lifelong Londoner and Knights fan I just think it would be cool to see them...
  16. M

cabelas in buffalo ny

I've been to Cabelas in Dundee Mi.about 5 times.It's a big beautiful store with an amazing selection.Besides that though it's only worth the trip if you are looking for something special or not available around here.They rarely have good sales on fishing gear or electronics other than their own...
  17. M

Single fisherman?

Try downloading an extension such as adblock.I haven't seen an a single ad since I did it.
  18. M

Monster Pike

Not to start an argument here but that photo makes me doubt it was shot at St.Williams.The shore doesn't look like St.Willys(to me),you can't see either Booths Harbour,Fin N Feather or any other recognizable landmark.Also,I don't believe it snowed on the weekend and Larry Lloyd's pix from Family...
  19. M

Boxing Day - Could not resist

I have to say ch312 is right.Whenever you're in the market for a particular product you have to do some research.CTC is bad for advertising reg. price way higher than sale price.Some of the other stores like FShop and BBuy you have to compare the products and prices online.There are good deals...
  20. M

Safe ice on the bay

Thanks for the feedback.I'm thinking I won't be renting a slip next year.If we don't get the snowfall this winter we need to get the water levels back up,it won't be worth the money.When I pulled out of Marina Shores in Oct. The channel was maybe 2' deep.I'm sure there will be water in the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks