birds

ship wrecked

any new birds around ?had a great diver shoot on Saturday but didnt see may puddle duck.got 2 mallards and a mix of bills and buffies 12 total for 2 guns bills are fun to hunt but like the puddle ducks better

And no weather to mix them up really. Sunshine and lollipops with the odd soggy and warm SW wind/rain.

shot the bay sat and was ok got 7 all divers..shoulda had 9 mised 2 mallards :( chriist right there .. had a real nice flock of mallards circle 5 times along with a flock of ringers shoulda shot at ringers but was hoping mallards would commit ;).not much flying

Now why in the heck would I do that LOL!! I'll be down to long point next Monday anyway, guess I'll have to chase them out so I can have a decent shoot. I'm mainly coming to shoot bills and reds though..... Hopefully!!

there is no shortage of reds . still not a lot of mallards where ive been hunting lots of gadwalls and wigeon reds.soon i hope

We're still not froze out to the north. Lots of mallards. If temps continue to hold, all the smaller waters will freeze and some birds will move on. The bigger holes will be open for a while though!

Now why in the heck would I do that LOL!! I'll be down to long point next Monday anyway, guess I'll have to chase them out so I can have a decent shoot. I'm mainly coming to shoot bills and reds though..... Hopefully!!
how did u make out at the point

I hunted Friday and saturday in the Unit and had I beleive the slowest two days there I have ever experienced. It seems the couple of cold nights and full moon took birds away but did not bring new ones. Those we saw were wary and educated.

seen a few big rafts in the bay does anyone know what kind of ducks ? shooting sucked fri/sat 2 birds for a lot of effort butt didn't get skunked:)

well hunted the north shore in the bay 1 bird .there is a few big raft of birds in the bay anyone no what kind of birds they are ?hey porkpie u still go birds up ur way ?

I haven't been doing much hunting this season, but like everywhere our marshes and reservoirs are still open and we have tons and tons of cut corn. Plenty of reasons to stick around, and I've certainly seen plenty of mallards and geese!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks